Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 01-25-2017, 09:49 PM   #1
Gatriel

Default Odd driver issue with Beta 3 & Skype

Hey everyone,

I have Skype 7.44 (364) and Mac OSX 10.11.6 and the new Beta 3 Displaylink display drivers (3.0.0 b2 (78548)) for this i-tec USB 3.0 dock.

I used this combination previously with Skype and it worked without issue with the built-in Apple iSight camera. Then yesterday I plugged in a new webcam I received to the dock which is coupled to my Mac (Macbook Pro Retina mid-2012).

Today I went to make a Skype call and both the window showing myself as well as the frame showing the person I am calling were completely black, although audio works in both directions and they can see me without issue.

I can confirm the correct camera is selected in the Audio/Video tab within settings and that I can infact see myself in the preview pane in this tab.

I can further confirm that the desired camera functions without issue and can make and receive calls with FaceTime and Google Hangouts. For clarity this is the camera I have purchased, and Skype (as well as Facetime) see the camera as "Full HD 1080p Webcam" and OSX sees the camera as the same name with the Model ID being "UVC Camera VendorID_3034 ProductID_22704"

Because it works with Facetime and Google Hangouts but not with Skype nor Skype Online I assumed this was a Skype problem. I've spent the better part of an hour with Skype's support who were very competent and we tried all sorts of permutations of settings to get this to work.

The only way we got Skype up and running once again with to completely disconnect the dock and run Skype exclusively off of the laptop.

Due to this, and Skype having literally zero other reported issues similar to this since OS 10.7 came out they said this is very likely a driver incompatibility with Skype and I should let you guys know.

If I can provide any logs/data to help you guys sort this, please do let me know.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Other than issues already stated with the drivers, I've been pleasantly surprised the stability of these drivers, given its a beta.

Best,
Gatriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:59 PM   #2
Gatriel

I just cannot win.

I started used VSee as a Skype replacement until this gets up & running again.

Anyways there is a memory leak with VSee 3.4 (27685) and the above display link drivers.

When its open the entire OS gets slower and slower and slower.

Anyone have any suggestion for video conferencing with Display Link other than Skype and VSee?
Gatriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #3
cf42

I have the same issue with Skype. I am unable to view my own camera, or that of the person at the other end, when I try to use Skype on my DisplayLink-connected monitor.

Instead, just a black box is displayed.

macOS Sierra 10.12.3
Skype 7.4.6
Logitech c920

Any chance of a fix for this please, as Skype is such a major application?

Google Hangouts works fine, incidentally and everything else so far.
cf42 is offline   Reply With Quote