Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - 8.1 Alpha for Windows

Old 11-10-2016, 08:32 AM   #11
rbm

Hello,

I had another shot at installing the latest Intel Drivers. I believe you that it worked for you in the way Intel describes it But Windows refused to install it, telling me I have the latest driver. But thanks to your hint to the igdlh64.inf, I managed to install them with these steps:
  1. Right click the igdlh64.inf --> Install
  2. In Device Manager go to update the Graphics driver
  3. Search for Drivers on my Computer
  4. Select from a list of known drivers on my system
  5. There I was able to see both Intel Driver versions (the currently installed one and the new one from Intel)

The rest of the process was like you described it, It took a while until I got my picture back. During the detection phase of the monitors Windows somehow managed to find 7 Display devices for me and rendered a picture on 5 screens (I only have 3). I disabled all screens I canīt see. They are also listed as non-PnP devices in the Device Manager. But donīt worry. Those are all connected to the Intel Drivers and not the DisplayLink ones. So itīs more a matter of the Intel Driver.

Iīll try to attach a few screenshots (more for amusement, since Iīm sure it has nothing to do with the DisplayLink drivers)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IwishIhadthatamountofscreens.jpg
Views:	1774
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	2973   Click image for larger version

Name:	IwishIhadthatamountofscreens2.png
Views:	1800
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	2974