Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-22-2017, 05:57 PM   #1
displaylinkmac

Default 2 external monitors with bootcamp and windows 7, worked but not now - confused

Please help!!!

I recently had 2 monitors connected to my macbook pro 17 (2009) via usb using displaylink, within bootcamp on windows 7. Everything was working perfectly but unfortunately i had to update my failing hard drive and reinstall everything.

Now i cannot replicate the setup at all. When i try to install displaylinks it says my display graphics drivers are not supported but i guess they must have been at some point as it was working!!!

I have tried to use windows to update drivers but it doesn't complete and just hangs.

At one point i had a nvidia driver installed but it had a crashing issue, i think i managed to have not installed these this time as the standard vga graphics adapter is showing and its been working perfectly.

So i guess im looking for a way of getting to where i was with my setup as i know its possible!

Any help much appreciated
displaylinkmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:06 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

I truthfully don't have a clue how you managed to get it working in the first place.
We have never supported bootcamp on that version of Windows because the layer of virtualisation makes accessing the device in a low level manner unreliable or mostly impossible.

That has changed with Windows 10 Anniversary Update as we do not need to have kernel mode drivers as DisplayLink USB graphics support is natively built into the OS. We only need to and only have a user mode device driver there.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote