Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
jewfrey22

Unhappy Gigabit Ethernet?!

Hi, using a Toshiba Dynadock U3.0 with DL 7.7.57957 ... I noticed that my dynadock ethernet maxes out at 100.0 mbps even though the dock supposedly has "gigabit" ethernet ... I have connected directly to my router and achieve a 1.0 Gbps connection.... but not with the dock. Is there something wrong with the software or perhaps a hardware issue? I don't see why the gigabit ethernet isn't providing a gigabit connection.

Support files attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip JLEVINE-LT_20141008_115309.zip (1.14 MB, 7 views)
jewfrey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
parki

Hi there,

any updates on this? I have exactly the same issue: even though my local wired network is Gigabit, I can only connect at 100meg.
parki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:33 PM   #3
Wim

The connection is gigabit and will auto negotiate to gigabit. If it is not, then it could be the cable (if it does not have all 4 pairs connected), the speed has been fixed in the Advanced Ethernet settings for the adapter or it could be a hardware fault.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #4
krogalsky

I am having similar issue, but my connection is MUCH slower. I'm using the dock with the latest firmware update and using the USB 3.0 cable that came with the unit. If I take the Ethernet cable and plug directly into my computer I can get 60 MegBPS download, but if I plug it into the dock I can't get much over 9 MegBPS. I've posted about this several times with no response. Hopefully we can get some help on this.

Last edited by krogalsky; 11-07-2014 at 07:02 PM.
krogalsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #5
parki

Thumbs down

Am now at a new desk: new cable, port etc... still only getting 100 meg. Sigh.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:58 PM   #6
Wim

I've looked at the logs from jewfrey22, and these show that the the Ethernet port is auto-negotiating to 100Mbit. The software or driver has nothing to do with the autoneg and just reads the autoneg value returned by the hardware, so I suspect this is a hardware fault.

If we really could not autoneg to 1Gbps, there would be more posts about the problem.

Wim
Old 11-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #7
parki

Ahh, now that's interesting. Exactly what mine is doing... even though it's definitely a Gigabit network. Will report this to our network guys and see if we can work it out.

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2015, 12:15 AM   #8
Splitty

Same exact issue with me. I have the latest drivers installed 7.7M4 released today and I'm still stuck at 100mbps. I use the dynadock on two different computers. Both are stuck at 100mbps. When I plug the Ethernet cable directly into either computer it works beautifully at full gigabit speeds, maxing out my NAS at ~70mbps on file transfers. When I switch back to the dynadock it's back to 100mbps.

When I go into adapter configuration and force the dynadock to 1gbps, it won't connect at all and I have to go back to auto negotiate.

I have tried multiple Ethernet cables, multiple USB 3.0 cables, and every USB 3.0 port available on each machine and multiple versions of the drivers available on this website and I can't get the damn thing to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Splitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:22 PM   #9
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitty View Post
Same exact issue with me. I have the latest drivers installed 7.7M4 released today and I'm still stuck at 100mbps. I use the dynadock on two different computers. Both are stuck at 100mbps. When I plug the Ethernet cable directly into either computer it works beautifully at full gigabit speeds, maxing out my NAS at ~70mbps on file transfers. When I switch back to the dynadock it's back to 100mbps.

When I go into adapter configuration and force the dynadock to 1gbps, it won't connect at all and I have to go back to auto negotiate.

I have tried multiple Ethernet cables, multiple USB 3.0 cables, and every USB 3.0 port available on each machine and multiple versions of the drivers available on this website and I can't get the damn thing to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I think comment #3 is still applicable to you and the Ethernet port on the dock is faulty.

Wim
Old 02-24-2015, 05:24 AM   #10
Splitty

I got a replacement dock and looks like all is well.
Splitty is offline   Reply With Quote