Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2021, 04:46 PM   #1
DamoNomaD

Default Multiple Screens in Extended Desktop Mode Swap Content - Revisited

This is a revisiting of a bug that continues to be an issue regularly. I am trying to find a fix that'll result in every time I plug in my laptop the screen configuration is consistent. Hopefully there is an answer.

Here is an overview of what I am experiencing:

I use a 2019 MacBook Pro as the center display in a 3 screen setup. The two flanking monitors run on DisplayLink cables out of a Totu Triple Display Docking Station (Model TT-DC002A) connected to the MBP by a Thunderbolt cable. In an extended display configuration, when I plug and then plug back in the Thunderbolt connection to the Totu it has a tendency to swap the screens' contents left and right. Initially this only happened occasionally. I tried to be careful to not switch which port I used in the MBP or to flip the TB cable connection, but lately it happens every time. I would like the screen configuration and contents to be identical each time I plug it into the dock.

Here was the script I was given by Jakub 1/2020:

Download the file: https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=145
Run the file (it will give you an information that it is not authorized due to security).
If you see a message related to security Go to Security & Privacy -> General tab, choose: Allow App Store and identified developers.
Next to it you should have a popup message about our display persistence script.
It will open terminal after double-click and ask for the password.
Afterwards reboot your computer.

Initially this reset script worked well, but it is irritating to have to consistently do it 2-3X a week now. On some occasions it flips the right for left screen on startup and then sometimes it also rearranges the order of the screens and places the two extended displays usually off to the right of the center laptop display. Is there an updated script or other means of making the changes I make to display preferences permanent with Display Link outputs?
DamoNomaD is offline   Reply With Quote