Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #81
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactican View Post
Wish I could report an improvement but I'm still in the same boat. If anything I would say it maybe even got a little worse with that update.

I really appreciate the effort though! Nice to see a company posting potential fixes like this within a thread rather than making their users wait.
I see from an earlier post you are using the Lenovo X1. Can you check all the drivers are up to date on this platform, including the BIOS and see if this makes a difference. I think I saw a user earlier in this thread who found this helped.

Also, make sure you are using the "High Performance" power profile, rather than "Balanced" when plugged in. This could also slow down our software's performance.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #82
alexg57

After some playing around, including the pre-release driver Wim posted and doing the crazy USB 3.0 driver hack, the mouse lag problem is almost gone for me. I think it's close enough that I'll be able to look past it while we wait for a rock solid driver. If no docking were like running a game at a constant 60 frames per second, it now feels like 60 FPS with an occasional dip to 50 FPS. Not terribly significant, but it's there.

You know what the biggest difference has been? As mentioned by Wim, changing the power mode to High Performance. It's strange, though, because my Balanced profile has everything set on the highest performance settings when plugged in. The High Performance profile must do other stuff under the hood that can't be controlled with the UI. When I switch to Balanced, the mouse will skip around when moving over Outlook. In High Performance, it's pretty much as smooth as when not docked. Weird, but I can handle having to switch when docked. Obviously it's not ideal, but it works.

Give it a shot and post your results.
  • Dell XPS 12
  • Targus USB 3.0 dual video dock with power
  • Two Samsung 24" monitors going over DVI (one of which converts from HDMI coming out of the dock)
  • Back to original Microsoft USB 3.0 eXtensible driver
  • Latest Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver from Intel
  • Wim's pre-release DisplayLink driver for the dock
  • Windows 8 64-bit

Last edited by alexg57; 05-19-2013 at 08:44 AM.
alexg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #83
xuggs

So the development BUILD posted by Wim is newer than the 7.2M1 posted on the displaylink website? I too have the mouse getting stuck randomly for a few seconds.

Edit: UPDATE
Ok so the BUILD is newer and supposedly fixes the mouse freezing issue but brings back the horrible screen rendering. Minimizing a window or switching between classic and modern UI (Windows 8) is just quite bad. The mouse pointer speed also suffers. *Sigh*

Last edited by xuggs; 05-20-2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Update
xuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #84
ThePhantom

Not posting to refute the experience of others -- but my install of the development driver is still going strong on my Lenovo Twist with Windows 8 (64-bit). For the record, my earliest install of the Windows drivers was M0, I've manually run the DL install (vs. using Windows update) for the M1 update, and I never attempted the USB driver tweak, despite M0's problems.

Granted, my install is still fairly stock, but the differing experience of others here is a little disconcerting. It'll certainly give me pause with future software updates, as things appear to be somewhat frail...
ThePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #85
jme

Thumbs up Dell XPS12 with Targus Dock - mouse lag fixed

Just wanted to update - not going to install this beta driver since my issue is fixed... Simply using a new dongle and mouse (one not shared with my keyboard) has helped! Not sure of the exact root cause but the mouse is back to normal.
jme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #86
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
Ok so the BUILD is newer and supposedly fixes the mouse freezing issue but brings back the horrible screen rendering. Minimizing a window or switching between classic and modern UI (Windows 8) is just quite bad. The mouse pointer speed also suffers. *Sigh*
It should not have regressed the fuzziness that was seen before. What is your system spec? Have you tried "High Performance" mode if you have a tablet with this setting, as it could help.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #87
xuggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
It should not have regressed the fuzziness that was seen before. What is your system spec? Have you tried "High Performance" mode if you have a tablet with this setting, as it could help.

Wim
Thanks. Never mind, I did a reboot of the dock and now it seems good. Hopefully it will stay this way. I have the X1 Carbon Touch and Windows 8 Enterprise OS.

Edit:
With the next release of drivers can we possibly have some more acceleration as far as mouse pointer sensitivity goes? It's good now but there is that slight light feel of slowness with the pointer. I am using the High Performance power profile.

Last edited by xuggs; 05-22-2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Update
xuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #88
mike

Well unfortunately with these pre-release drivers I also saw the regression to image fuzziness as well as it not helping with the lag issue. Wasn't any better or worse so I just reverted back to the standard M1 drivers now and the image fuzziness is gone. Lag is still present of course.

Heck of an issue here. I don't envy you guys for sure!
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #89
henrybakker01

Still having lags and a disappearing mouse cursor with my HP Envy X2 en HP 3005PR USB Port Replicator.

Tried the latest version available on the site, and the latest Beta-version mentioned in this post. No difference.

Besides, if I only use the external screen and disconnect the port replicator my Envy gets an BSOD. First the display driver isn't responding anymore en than a BSOD occures.
henrybakker01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #90
tfennel

Thumbs down Fuzziness is almost too much...

Same setup as before - I've been through the beta drivers posted here as well as the updated drivers Lenovo released on their site on the 5/22ish. Still really bad.

Now all I have to do is be editing a Word document and if I type quickly (which I do usually), the fuzziness takes over the screen - pretty much impossible to deal with constantly like this and stay productive.

There must be a fix coming for this? I can help with repros, logs, etc, if someone wants. I am more than happy to contribute to the solution as I have a 100% consistent repro in many common day to day scenarios.
tfennel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
input device, lag, windows 8