Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 12-24-2020, 01:31 AM   #1
avery_overstreet

Default Display Link Dell Dock D6000 - Slow Ethernet

I am using a company issued laptop and dock. The laptop is brand new and the dock has a date of 2017.

The laptop is a Dell Latitude 9510 and it is connected via DP to 2 external Dell monitors, 1 4k and 1 standard resolution. The laptop does NOT have a Ethernet/Cat5 port. It only has the Ethernet port through the dock.

The problem I am having is that when on WiFi I am getting 186 up / 19 down. When I am plugged in via Ethernet/Cat5 jack, I get 58 up / 17 down.

We had a wiring company come out and completely re-wire and install brand new Cat-5 lines in hopes this would help.

We have bought a brand new $200+ Netgear Nighthawk Modem/Route, in hopes this would work.

We have had our ISP, Grande, out once a month troubleshooting. Each time they blame something or someone else and never take responsibility, no surprise. They say we pay for 300mbps down and if we aren't receiving that it our homes location or devices fault.

We have purchased a $100+ WiFi extender in hopes that this would work.

I am at my wits end. The wiring company spent 8+ hours here today and said their job was done and the internet speed is not on them.

I am unsure what to do now. So I am taking it piece by piece and seeing what the issue could be. This piece will be troubleshooting the Dock to ensure that it is not a dock issue with the port.

What info do you need from me?
avery_overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote