Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2015, 08:27 AM   #1
pezlin

Default Flickering/Freezing display

Hi! I have problems with my monitors connected to a HP 3005pr port replicator. The displays keeps flickering and sometimes freezes. I currently have Windows 10 installed but I had the same problem in Windows 8.1. Actually the problems got worse when I installed a later version of the displaylink software in Windows 8.1. In Windows 10 it doesn't matter if I use an old version or a new one. Currently I am using the latest version distributed from HP.

I have tried different monitors, different cables and connecting one monitor at the time to both display port and hdmi with the same flickering/freezing result. I have attached a zip file with debug information. Can please someone assist with trying to find what is the problem with the setup.

Edit: The displays freezes/flickers when I have both a HDMI and Displayport monitor connected and just flickers when only one of them is connected.

Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip PÄRS_DATOR_20150814_100011.zip (1,000.0 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by pezlin; 08-14-2015 at 08:58 AM.
pezlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:40 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

To help diagnose this could you:

1. Post a video showing the issue
2. Post the serial number of the dock

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:28 PM   #3
pezlin

Hi!

Attached is the video showing the problem.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=video%2cmp4

Serial number: 7CB503E721
Old 09-02-2015, 07:02 AM   #4
pezlin

Default Updated to 7.9 M2

I have updated to version 7.9 M2 but is still experiencing the same problem unfortunately.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:11 AM   #5
pezlin

Any news regarding this issue?
Old 09-07-2015, 04:38 PM   #6
JamesH

Hi,

Thanks for posting the video.

I'm going to raise this internally for further investigation but wondered if you'd answer these questions before I do:

Do you always get the corruption shown in it? Or do you need to run through specific steps to get it? i.e. Reboot, log off and on, sleep-resume?

If you have another PC could you try and see if you can reproduce this issue with the same dock and monitors?

If you increase the resolution of the Spectre screen do you still see the corruption?

If you decrease the resolution of the external monitors do you still see the corruption?

From the logs I can see you have a Dell U2410 - can you let me know what the other monitor make and model is?

Many thanks,
James
Old 09-14-2015, 07:30 AM   #7
pezlin

Please see my response below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi,

Thanks for posting the video.

I'm going to raise this internally for further investigation but wondered if you'd answer these questions before I do:

Do you always get the corruption shown in it? Or do you need to run through specific steps to get it? i.e. Reboot, log off and on, sleep-resume?
- The corruption starts immediately when connecting the computer and nothing helps to solve it (reboot etc.)

If you have another PC could you try and see if you can reproduce this issue with the same dock and monitors?
- I have tried with a Dell XPS without having this issue so it seems to be related to the Spectre X360.

If you increase the resolution of the Spectre screen do you still see the corruption?
- It doesn't matter what resolution I choose.

If you decrease the resolution of the external monitors do you still see the corruption?
- It doesn't matter what resolution I choose.

From the logs I can see you have a Dell U2410 - can you let me know what the other monitor make and model is?
- The problem is there with just one monitor as well (in this case Dell U2410). It also doesn't matter if it runs through HDMI, Displayport or HDMI->DVI-adapter. The problem is not there if I connect the monitor directly to the laptop.

Many thanks,
James
Old 09-25-2015, 10:08 AM   #8
pezlin

Any news on this?
Old 11-11-2015, 05:45 AM   #9
pezlin

Have you had a chance to look into this? I have also tried with a Dell display link adapter with the same result.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:10 AM   #10
JamesH

Will check on this.

Thanks,
James