Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
adfrick

Default 1.7 beta 3 USB power issue

Hi, I am having an issue with 1.7 beta 3 by which the USB port is receiving too much power and therefore shuts the port down. It worked fine on Snow Leopard, but not with Lion. It worked for about 10 minutes perfectly until the power draw was recognized and then it shuts the USB port down.

I have a Mac Air Dual Core that's just a few months old.

Thanks!

Last edited by adfrick; 08-11-2011 at 08:36 PM.
adfrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfrick View Post
Hi, I am having an issue with 1.7 beta 3 by which the USB port is receiving too much power and therefore shuts the port down. It worked fine on Snow Leopard, but not with Lion. It worked for about 10 minutes perfectly until the power draw was recognized and then it shuts the USB port down.

I have a Mac Air Dual Core that's just a few months old.

Thanks!
Could you please post debug information using the tool here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269? Thanks
ChristianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
rsnyderpsue

Default Experiencing USB Ports Shutting Down

I am running the 1.7b3 driver on my MacBook Pro 15 i7 to drive two Arkview USB 2.0 Display Adaptors. (I am also using the Thunderbolt port to run a third external head).

Since upgrading to 10.7.x I have been experiencing a couple of issues related to my USB ports and the keyboard on the MacBook Pro (also on the USB bus).

One may be related to what you are reporting, so I would like to know how you determined that the USB port was being overpowered. Periodically (three times yesterday, twice today) the USB port that my external mouse, keyboard, and one of the Arkview adaptors is connected will stop working. When I try to use the keyboard on the system, it also is unresponsive. I noticed that when I try to plug a memory stick into that port (after removing my hub) it lights up, but is not visible to the OS. However, if I put it in the other USB port, I can mount it.

The other problem I am experiencing is that the system periodically will not give me a login window after I have locked the screen to step away from my desk. Since locking the screen is a requirement of my job, I cannot not lock it.

It seems these are two different issues, but both are described by other 1.7b3 DisplayLink users. I have downloaded the Mac logging tool, and will upload logs after the next failure. Looking at the CrashReports in Console, DisplayLinkManager has 5 crash reports from yesterday and 1 from today and at least 1 from most days I am at the office.
rsnyderpsue is offline   Reply With Quote