Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
MTLBiceps

Default !!SUCCESS!! with Mavericks but worried with Yosemite

Hi guys,

Ive been following this forum for the last year or so especially when Mavericks was first released and all of our VGA Displaylink monitors stopped functioning.

I am currently running Mavericks with 8 monitors (one of which is my iMAC). I have two Thunderbolts and the rest are all USB connected via a USB hub into the iMAC.

Yes every time I reboot I have to reconfigure the monitor setup and it takes about 15 - 20 min to get all the monitors actually functional. With every reboot one or two monitors are simply black screened. With enough reboots, generally 4 -5 I can get all of the monitors up and working. Speed on each monitor is fine for business needs.

To get around having to reboot the iMAC (and for the odd power failure) I have a medium sized battery backup to power (only) the iMAC. I've tested it and its good for about 6 hours. Remember this is only to save me any inconvenience in getting all the monitors up and running again by numerous reboots.

I have attached 3 photos below - One of the main setup, you can see 7 of the screens (8th screen is on the wall behind me). Other two pics are of the USB hub and the back of my iMAC.

All in all all the screens are operating very well and I am satisfied (mostly) and use them on a day-to-day basis out of my home office.

There is no way in hell I am upgrading to Yosemite until I am 100% sure that all of my monitors and setup will function. Has anyone upgraded to the new OSX with NUMEROUS monitors - more than 3 or 4 with any success?

It took me a long time to get all of these damn monitors up and running and I would really like to upgrade into Yosemite. I'm hopeful some of you guys have positive news!

All the best,

Christian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1096.jpg (85.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1097.jpg (92.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1099.jpg (92.9 KB, 9 views)
MTLBiceps is offline   Reply With Quote