Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #11
chandler767

Exactly the same. Its odd that its giving you more issues than me. Makes me wonder if there is another culprit.

On another note I am working on an app that will remind you to unplug your monitors so you dont forget to prevent issues. Would you be interested?
chandler767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #12
briangig

I would be interested!

Let's hope DL can get the root cause fixed, or at least incorporate a temporary work around while it gets sorted properly.
briangig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #13
chandler767

Talking DisplayLink Notifier

I added an app called "DisplayLink Notifier" to the main post. Check it out.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #14
andynormancx

My issue is clearly slight different to some people's here. In the instruction video you say that the login and Finder issues won't happen when there is no adapter connected.

This is not the case for me. I can do a clean install of the driver, not plug in an adapter and still have the Finder/login issues. Remove the kernel extension and the problem goes away.
andynormancx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #15
chandler767

Your correct. You will get the issue if the device is plugged in or not. Sorry if you misunderstood the video. The patch should fix your problem. Have you tried it?
Old 11-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #16
briangig

I've gotten stuck in the situation of not being able to boot (reboot or cold boot) into a working system with the fix installed. Performance is super sluggish, and Finder will not open. I had to uninstall the DL driver. Right now I am using an old Atom motherboard hackintosh attached to my second monitor and using ScreenRecycler (http://www.screenrecycler.com/ScreenRecycler.html). For mainly static content (looking at code, windows that dont have moving content, etc. it works a bit smoother than the USB-DVI option.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #17
chandler767

Being your not using a true "Mac" there is no telling what other issues could be causing your problems. Sorry.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #18
briangig

sorry, I wasn't clear. I am using my MBP, with an Apple Cinema display via MiniDP. My second "external" monitor is the one with the hackintosh attached, using the ScreenRecycler program, since I could not get the USB-DVI adapter to work 100% (or at least 100% predictable) with my MBP and the second external.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #19
chandler767

1. Uninstall all the drivers.
2. Reset SMC: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964
3. Follow the video instructions.

Like I said, this patch won't work for everyone because everyones computers are set up a little different. But at least you have an external monitor working somehow.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #20
Wim

As I have put on the other thread, the login issue could be solved by 10.8.3 OSX update. Could any users with access to this OSX patch try this release and see if it really does solve the issue?

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote