Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 01-24-2017, 02:33 AM   #1
Caruda

Default Problems with Corporate Install During SCCM OSD Windows 10 1607

We are attempting to install the DisplayLink software during an OSD Task Sequence using SCCM 1606 with Windows 10 1607 (Anniversary Update Redstone 1). The version we are installing is 8.1.848.0 (AKA 8.1 M0).

We have followed the Corporate Install instructions are are using the DisplayLink_Win10RS1.msi file with the /quiet /norestart command line switches.

Currently, this software will not install during operating system deployment. However, the software will install without issue once a Task Sequence has completed and are within the standard Windows environment.

This issue only occurs if a DisplayLink capable device is connected to the computer during the installation while in the OSD process. If no device is connected, or if the device is within the standard windows environment once the Task Sequence completes, no issues occur.

The following appear to fail according to the MSI logs:

CustomAction InstallAudioDriverPackage returned actual error code 1603 but will be translated to success due to continue marking

CustomAction InstallEthDriverPackage returned actual error code 1603 but will be translated to success due to continue marking

CustomAction InstallIndirectDisplayDriverPackage returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

The ideal here is to make sure it is possible to image a computer from a DisplayLink capable without having to install the software after the fact. We'd like to see this software install during the Task Sequence and not just after.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.
Caruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:11 AM   #2
jguevarajr

Any update\progress on this front? I am about to attempt this as well and ideally I want to have software deploy via Task Sequence so that once a d3100 dock is connected it just plugs and plays.

We use Bitlocker within my environment and installing the software after the OS is deployed causes Bitlocker recovery key to come up. We then have to enter a 60 digit recovery key.

Yes I know I can temporarily suspend bitlocker but ideally I want to automate this as much as possible.
jguevarajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:31 PM   #3
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello jguevarajr,

I would need to know a bit more about the target OS version (full version number with build).
The package mentioned by the OP is for Windows 10 Anniversary Update (RS1) and doesn't include any kernel mode/boot modification so I don't see why you get the Bitlocker recovery key request.
The last link of my forum signature includes how to gather the logs using our tool.
It would be most helpful if you could gather the logs after you have installed and been requested the key so I see what took place.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1607, osd, sccm