Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-26-2019, 11:46 AM   #1
jmsgm_dl

Default Lag when I turn the monitor 90 degrees

I recently bought a club3d adapter to connect a small monitor (17 inch 1280x1024) to my macbook pro 2010 (10.9 Mavericks).

In its standard rotation it works perfectly, but when I turn it 90 it starts to have a lot of lag. It does not make sense because the resolution is the same.

The installed version is DisplayLink 75598 this is the last?

What is the problem? Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Captura de pantalla 2019-02-26 a la(s) 12.46.13.jpg (17.8 KB, 1 views)
jmsgm_dl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:38 AM   #2
coolbigbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsgm_dl View Post
I recently bought a club3d adapter to connect a small monitor (17 inch 1280x1024) to my macbook pro 2010 (10.9 Mavericks).

In its standard rotation it works perfectly, but when I turn it 90 it starts to have a lot of lag. It does not make sense because the resolution is the same.

Having the exact same issue as above!
coolbigbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:29 AM   #3
jmsgm_dl

any solution? :_(
jmsgm_dl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:10 AM   #4
M_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsgm_dl View Post

I've been having a similar issue with USB-C 2017/2018 Macbook Pro's running latest DL drivers on Mojave 10.14.5 connected to a Humanscale M/Connect 2 dock. (I have support tool logs if someone from DL would like to take a look)

In testing using x2 1080p Dell monitors 1 in landscape and the other in portrait. The portrait screen has a very noticeable amount of lag.

I've tried a few different combinations.

- Disconnecting the landscape screen from the dock did not improve the lag.

- Lowering the resolution of the portrait screen did improve the lag slightly.

- Using https://www.testufo.com/refreshrate the portrait screen is running at 60hz (if this is an accurate tool) so maybe this rules out the refresh rate being changed?

I've yet to test on Windows device but something tells me this only affects Mac OS.

I'm unsure if this is a displaylink issue or dock specific, I have used portrait mode on a Dell DA6000 with the same Macbook, using DL drivers and a similar monitor setup in the past and had no issues with lag while one screen is in portrait mode.

There seems to be a few threads reporting similar issues. https://www.displaylink.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=66434 https://support.displaylink.com/foru...ns-on-mac-os-x

Last edited by M_B; 05-25-2019 at 09:15 AM.
M_B is offline   Reply With Quote