Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-12-2019, 03:30 PM   #21
jdorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi All

I was just reading this thread and it reminded me of a known issue in Windows when you have connected too many USB Ethernet adaptors and they are stored in the registry. You get weird behaviour of the connection working but unable to connect to network shares.

It was a problem in Windows 7, and not sure if it has been solved for Windows 10. There is a thread on it here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...ork-interfaces

And here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...tpronetworking

Worth checking if this is the issue, especially if you use hot desking, so will end up with many different USB Ethernet entries in device manager, if you move desks a lot.

Wim
I don't think this is the issue or at least isn't in our environment. The only that that changed was going from a Windows 7 Pro laptop to a Windows 10 Pro laptop. The docking station and all peripherals remained the same.
jdorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:59 PM   #22
jdorion

Still no update on this?
Old 05-03-2019, 05:23 PM   #23
oswaldmwhite

Default Admin Share Issue with Dell 6000 Dock

Is there an update on this? I am having the same issue where some of my Dell 7280's and 7290's that are docked with Dell 6000 docks I am unable to C$ into. If I remove them from the dock and put them on wifi or even hard wire directly into the laptop, I can then C$. Please help!
oswaldmwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:06 PM   #24
jdorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswaldmwhite View Post
Is there an update on this? I am having the same issue where some of my Dell 7280's and 7290's that are docked with Dell 6000 docks I am unable to C$ into. If I remove them from the dock and put them on wifi or even hard wire directly into the laptop, I can then C$. Please help!
Exactly, what I am experiencing at my office. It makes helping users remotely almost impossible!

Any update?
Old 05-07-2019, 08:19 PM   #25
jdorion

I have found a fix. See below.

https://superuser.com/questions/1240...can-by-localho

Someone also developed a command line program to automate the share fix.

I have deployed the fix to run silently on affected clients, had them restart and now can browse to to \\host\c$ and connect via Dameware Mini Remote Control!

Last edited by jdorion; 05-07-2019 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Add a fix
Old 05-31-2019, 02:30 PM   #26
nealkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorion View Post
I have found a fix. See below.

https://superuser.com/questions/1240...can-by-localho

Someone also developed a command line program to automate the share fix.

I have deployed the fix to run silently on affected clients, had them restart and now can browse to to \\host\c$ and connect via Dameware Mini Remote Control!
We are having the same issue. We have 700 work stations and about 100 of them have the issue at any given time. This is a big deal for us because we use PDQ to manage our PC's, which relies heavily on the file sharing ability.

It might be more of a Windows issue, but it's for sure related to the dell docking station (D6000). There appears to be a communication problem with the netbios between the dock and the Windows PC. I have no clue what I'm talking about beyond that, so that's all I'll say.

Like the previous poster, I found the same "fix". I had all effected users run this fix silently. https://github.com/filippobottega/Sh...ster/README.md They must be docked to their main docking station when they run it.

It rebuilds the binding of the network adapter interface. Basically it fixes the communication between the Windows pc and the Dock Nic adapter. The only issue with this is when they use a different dock, it breaks the communication again. Luckily, it reconnects when they go back to their home dock. Although, I'm still not positive the binding stays permanent.

This isn't a fix though. We swap docks all the time for one reason or another. Supposedly Windows 1809 will fix this issue, so I've been deploying it for the past few weeks. But it's too early to tell if it's making a difference.
nealkal is offline   Reply With Quote