Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 03-06-2015, 08:10 AM   #1
spoon71

Default OSX 10.10.3 Beta

Anyone tried the drivers with the new OSX Beta, was thinking of upgrading but cant afford displaylink not to work (worse than currently)
spoon71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:27 PM   #2
justme

with the last os x beta it worked quite good. much better than with 10.10.2. even better than any version before.

the current beta (as of last week i think) is much worse. i have screens switching of for a second or so for 20 to 30 times a day and there are lots of graphic errors.
justme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:15 AM   #3
MickM

I can't play any dvd on my MacBook Pro while I have a DisplayLink monitor connected, and I'm experiencing system freezes periodically that require hard shut downs. I've only just recently come back to needing a DisplayLink monitor after abandoning it due to endless trouble about a year ago. For me anyway, it looks like there is just a bunch of different problems now than there were before before - although my impression is things have gotten better (aside from those machine lock-ups).
MickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #4
jb510

The 2.3 DL Driver has worked fine for me on all the 10.10.3 betas (fine meaning without any unusual problems).

The annoying bug for me personally has been the one documented in the DL bug notes:
On the Retina Macbook Pro, layout changes involving the built in graphics can log the user out. Again this is caused by Apple's Window server crashing.

That'd typically happen when I hit the "Show Desktop" hot corner.

As of 10.10.3 Beta (14D130a - Beta 7 I think) I don't know if Apple's finally fixed that... it's intermittent, but fairly frequent (once per day). Fingers crossed.

FYI, I've just updated DL 2.4b1. So far working fine on 14D130a with my Asus MB168b+.

Last edited by jb510; 04-02-2015 at 09:40 PM. Reason: update
jb510 is offline   Reply With Quote