Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2022, 08:22 AM   #1
MarcG

Default Application "glues" to the mouse pointer

Hello Everybody,

I am using a MacBook Pro (2019) , Monterey (12.3.1) with an i-tec docking station. Attached to the docking station are 2 Monitors. So I am using 3 displays in total.
Since using this setup ( with Display Link installed), I have the impression, that sometimes an application window appears to be "glued" to the mouse pointer after 1 click. So that, if I click somewhere else, the windows is then dragged to that location, without holding the mouse button down.
I've tried several different mouse setups, even with the pad of the MacBook itself that occurs.
When disconnect the monitors , everything works finde.

Does anybody have a hint ?

Thanks
Marc
MarcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 07:10 AM   #2
DanielS
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcG View Post
Hello Everybody,

I am using a MacBook Pro (2019) , Monterey (12.3.1) with an i-tec docking station. Attached to the docking station are 2 Monitors. So I am using 3 displays in total.
Since using this setup ( with Display Link installed), I have the impression, that sometimes an application window appears to be "glued" to the mouse pointer after 1 click. So that, if I click somewhere else, the windows is then dragged to that location, without holding the mouse button down.
I've tried several different mouse setups, even with the pad of the MacBook itself that occurs.
When disconnect the monitors , everything works finde.

Does anybody have a hint ?

Thanks
Marc

Hello

Can you please describe how your monitors are connected - what monitor is connected to which video port?
And also if you could share what is the DisplayLink powered device that you have I would greatly appreciate it.

In addition to more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

Best Regards

Last edited by DanielS; 06-01-2022 at 07:19 AM.
DanielS is offline   Reply With Quote