Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 04-03-2020, 03:06 PM   #1
dalick

Default Dell D6000, Displayport has stopped working after 6 months

Hi,

I have dual fujitsu 24" monitors with DP,VGA and DVI. I got the Dell D6000 about 6 months ago and have used this inte my home office several times a week with since then.
This morning I wanted to use my laptop as a third display and downloaded the displaylink drivers to get this working. When back from lunch the monitors were black with a message - "No source detected".
I tried rebooting computer, docking station, monitors several times and disconnecting everything in the dock. Still not working.
Updated the frimware on the d6000, still not working.
Uninstalled the displaylink drivers. still not working.
Then I connected my TV-screen to the d6000 with HDMI, this worked flawlessly!
I have tried connecting 3 different laptops and none of them get any display on the monitors through the d6000.

So I have came to the conclusion that either the DP in the dell 6000 somehow broke when I downloaded the displaylink drivers and connected my monitor as a third screen.
OR
My monitors does not support the displaylink driver or the d6000. But then how could it work for 6 months? And why did it not start working when I uninstalled the displaylink drivers?

Here is a log, from the support-tool, many thanks for helping.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DL_Windows_Logs_20200403_153028.zip (373.0 KB, 3 views)
dalick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:50 PM   #2
dalick

Still not working.
I have tried connecting 4 different laptops and none of them recognize the d6000 in the device manager.
dalick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:29 AM   #3
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Dalick, I reached out to you through email as I'd like to make the communication in your case a bit more efficient.

Best regards,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:24 AM   #4
gteibo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalick View Post
Still not working.
I have tried connecting 4 different laptops and none of them recognize the d6000 in the device manager.
Hi! did you found any solution?

I'm facing the same problem right now. Also in device Managers i don't have any DisplayLink device.

Win 10 is recognizing my deck as bulk of generic USB ports. (Dell D6000)
gteibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:47 PM   #5
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gteibo View Post
Hi! did you found any solution?

I'm facing the same problem right now. Also in device Managers i don't have any DisplayLink device.

Win 10 is recognizing my deck as bulk of generic USB ports. (Dell D6000)
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us!
As usually those issues are case specific I'd like to take a better look at your configuration. Would you be able to gather logs for further analysis?
You can do that by following steps here: https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/windows

Thank you,
Katarzyna
Old 01-06-2022, 09:24 PM   #6
TJBuchanan

Default Fix?

Hello,
I am having the same issue as above and was wondering if a fix has been determined.

Thanks!
TJBuchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 11:47 PM   #7
jccarmichael

Default I'm having the same issue. Please advise.

My Dell Dock D6000 has been working just fine for about 8 months, but upon startup two days ago it's as if the display ports don't even exist. I keep everything plugged into the dock, and it never moves. My Dell XPS 13 9380 laptop stays plugged into the dock most of the time, and I occasionally disconnect it to take it to another part of the house. I've never experienced these issues with this arrangement.

Device manager doesn't see any display ports. The laptop seems to "think" everything is fine. I'm getting USB activity through the dock, just not any signal out through the display ports, each of which has a Dell monitor plugged into it.

I'm running Windows 10. I recently had several updates complete, but everything was working after them. I have verified that my dock has the most up to date firmware, and my laptop is fully updated (including bios and drivers). I'm desperately in need of a solution.
jccarmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:56 PM   #8
YannickAaron

Post Same Problem on MacOs

I am literally encountering the same problem on Mac. Was working fine for the last 7 Months, suddenly stopped working. Tried different devices, even my old windows laptop...nothing. Also none of them seems to recognise the device, what is odd considering that the update software for the firmware on the windows laptop does...
YannickAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 03:43 AM   #9
Timb23

Default Same!

Have what seems to be the same problem (also posted in a different thread but with no responses). I have a D6000 that powers up, outputs power, can be firmware updated, but is not detected on multiple computers (Windows and Mac) despite all drivers being installed
Timb23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:46 AM   #10
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Please keep in mind that each of the cases most likely has a different root cause therefore each case has to be reviewed individually. We encourage you to contact our support directly by sending an email to technical-enquiries@synaptics.com with detailed problem description and logfiles. To do that follow this article:
How can I report Windows issues to DisplayLink?

Thank you,
Katarzyna