Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-20-2017, 05:27 PM   #1
mlrible

Default Nvidia "Unable to save Display Settings"

Hello,
I recently purchased a pluggable usb 2.0 to VGA adapter. This week, I have been working with pluggable support with an issue I have been having. They directed me to this forum for further support.

I am trying to get this working on a Dell Optiplex with two Nvidia NVS 510 graphics cards(eight mDP out, one on the USB>VGA adapter). This machine has Windows 7 x64 installed. Windows 7 is currently necessary for the application.
I have updated the graphics driver to the latest version Nvidia 385.69, all chipset drivers provided by dell have been updated, I have also downloaded and installed the latest DisplayLink Drivers.

My problem:
When I plug in the pluggable USB graphics adapter, I loose all ability to organize, rotate, or adjust the individual displays settings using the native windows "screen resolution" utility. When I try to adjust the screen settings I receive a "Unable to save display settings" . The DisplayLink application is also sluggish and slow to respond to commands. Nvidia control panel looses all ability to manage the displays once the DisplayLink adapter is installed.

I found a support article online that details the steps to get this working with older Nvidia products and displaylink:
https://superuser.com/questions/8387...-display-setti

Unfortunately, these settings are not available on the newer Nvidia NVS510 graphics control panel.

I have tried this configuration on multiple computers(Dell Optiplex and Precision). I have found that this works with Windows 10 fine. Unfortunately, we currently need Windows 7 x64 to run the proprietary software.

Do you know of a setting that I can set within the Nvidia graphics driver that allows for the DisplayLink and Nvidia NVS 510 Graphics cards to play nicely?

I have attached the support zip file for further perusal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Michael
Attached Files
File Type: zip WORKSTATION-PC_20171020_101623.zip (1.17 MB, 1 views)
mlrible is offline   Reply With Quote