Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-27-2017, 08:56 PM   #1
pmhart83

Default DVI Monitor Black with Displaylink with Graphics Drivers in Win10

I have a KVM switch which takes in my monitor using DVI. In addition I have a Toshiba Dynadock that uses display link connected to the KVM so when I switch computers, each computer can utilize the direct DVI monitor as well as the Dynadock displays.

One of my computers is a Mac and it has no issues using both the DVI monitor and the USB monitors.

However, my Windows desktop just shows a black screen for my direct DVI monitor. The screen shows the bios / boot stuff but then turns black when Windows boots.

The Windows computer works with the direct DVI monitor until I install the Nvidia graphics drivers. Having the actual graphics drivers installed seems to cause the issue. My graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 TI.

I like to have at least one direct DVI output because of the lag / artifices with USB display.

Since I can see the display until I install the graphics drivers it is clearly a software based issue. Also when the monitor is black, it still appears in the display settings so Windows is recognizing it as a device.

I can also boot to safemode in Windows 10 and see the DVI display.

Is there any way I can get the display link to play nice with my DVI monitor and it's proper graphics drivers?

Last edited by pmhart83; 10-27-2017 at 09:06 PM.
pmhart83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:29 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

The last link in my signature explains how to gather the logs.
You can then post the ZIP file in your reply as only employees can download them.

Unless you are using on of the 2 obsolete versions of Windows 10, this is unlikely to be something related to DisplayLink as we don't have the visibility of the graphics card there.
What is likely to happen is that your primary graphics card drivers were not designed to support Windows 10 Anniversary Update onwards new graphics capabilities.
The fact the Windows inbox driver seems to work (= what I understand by no driver installed) tends to confirm that feeling. The inbox Basic Display Adapter driver from Microsoft complies with the Windows 10 requirements.

Regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvi, graphics drivers, windows 10