Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #1
MikeTheCanuck

Default Lenovo Dock - crashes when using Lync 2013 - firmware update?

I've had a Lenovo Thinkpad USB 3.0 Dock (PN: 0A34193) for as long as I've had my Carbon X1 (9-12 months AFAICR). I'm running the latest DisplayLink Manager software (v7.7).

In that time, I find it will crash many times a day when I'm plugged in. I've narrowed down the most common correlation of failure to active use of Lync (the 2013 client).

'crash/failure' = both the screen on my laptop and the screen on my external monitor will go black for a few seconds, then briefly flash on my laptop, then black again for a few more seconds, and finally after a period of 15-20 seconds from the start, I'll be able to start typing/mousing again. All windows that were dragged over to the external monitor will have been repositioned on my laptop screen, though the external monitor is once again available for use.

'active use of Lync 2013' - can and often does mean merely typing in an IM window with even a single recipient. During those "dock crashes", I am not even sharing my screen (or watching a screen share from someone else - although it can crash during those cases as well).

My only recourse seems to be hoping there's a later firmware that can be applied.

Unfortunately it appears that Lenovo has never heard of this device - searching their support site by name, model or PN turns up other similar models (e.g. 0A33970, which is offered by IT as a pay-per-play item), and I've even tried their firmware updaters (thinking it might be a common chipset or codebase) but they both refuse to update this device.
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/search?query=0a33970

Has anyone found a recent firmware update for this USB 3.0 Dock device? Thanks in advance for any help.
MikeTheCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote