Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-21-2018, 11:31 PM   #371
User112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozzy View Post
DL wre informed of this change well in advance by Apple, possibly upto 12 months but still failed to fix. So I think they have had long enough. This isn't just the odd user complaint here larger corps like IBM use Mac's and DisplayLink, think how much it is can be effecting productivity, think how much money has been spent on DL devices that are currently next to useless.

Again we see the post about 4.3 beta 5, so ok progress but its BETA. Places like IBM can't allow beta software to be used on mass, it need to be final before allowing staff to install.
*affecting
User112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:57 PM   #372
tommiy

So the update on progress is the same update on progress from months ago.

1. Positive progress made. Statement no facts supporting it.
2. Can not tell you about the progress made. Obviously not enough to get to even a beta stage.
3. A future update of the OS is involved. An open ended statement which provides no target leaving possibilities endless on date.

All things point to nothing being available in any point in the near to medium term future.
tommiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:33 AM   #373
MC Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiy View Post
So the update on progress is the same update on progress from months ago.

1. Positive progress made. Statement no facts supporting it.
2. Can not tell you about the progress made. Obviously not enough to get to even a beta stage.
3. A future update of the OS is involved. An open ended statement which provides no target leaving possibilities endless on date.

All things point to nothing being available in any point in the near to medium term future.
You forgot appreciating our patience, lol.

Seriously, this is ridiculous.
MC Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:57 PM   #374
donluca

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Our team have made further progress towards finding a solution which would restore full extended display support for multiple DisplayLink displays in a future release of macOS.
Thanks once again for keeping us updated.

Please let us know as soon as possible when you have reached a point where full functionality has been restored, even if it's in Mojave's beta. I can obtain the OS update and willing to risk running it if it means I'll finally have my DisplayPort dongle fully working again.

Right now I have to plug and unplug monitors whenever I need to do photo post-processing as I have a professional monitor dedicated only to this.

All the best.
donluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:49 PM   #375
Poly

Old 06-26-2018, 12:35 AM   #376
Okibi

"restore full extended display support for multiple DisplayLink displays in a future release of macOS"

Hanging out for this!

As much as people are bagging out DisplayLink I think Apple are just as much to blame, they release laptops with bugger all ports. I had to buy my dock because their USB-C to HDMI dongles always got stuck in a loop trying to connect my monitors.

Apple could have worked with DisplayLink on a solution rather than treating their users like garbage (again!), I don't think this would have happened a decade ago. Their operating system has fallen so far behind Windows that a desktop theme opens their keynote, dark days for Apple.

My 10 year old Windows laptop runs multiple monitors far better than my brand new MacBook Pro ever has.
Okibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:55 AM   #377
Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okibi View Post
Apple could have worked with DisplayLink on a solution rather than treating their users like garbage (again!), I don't think this would have happened a decade ago. Their operating system has fallen so far behind Windows that a desktop theme opens their keynote, dark days for Apple.

My 10 year old Windows laptop runs multiple monitors far better than my brand new MacBook Pro ever has.
I agree. If Apple didn't disable Displayport 1.2 MST (a decade old technology), I wouldn't even need a DisplayLink dock. If I boot to Windows on the same Mac I can simply daisy chain my two external monitors via a single cable, and it's just Displayport via USB-C, not Thunderbolt 3. Hardware supports it natively.

We have 2018 but Apple tech is now as inconvenient as back in the early 90s. Less and less compatibility with open standards. Apple's OpenGL drivers haven't been updated in years. They're dropping OpenGL and OpenCL as well. No Vulcan support, no CUDA on internal GPUs (because it's AMD). Devs don't care much about Metal2 and it's been buggy as hell. The iMac Pro is basically unserviceable. And a 480p front camera in a 2017 MacBook model, really? It's innovation backwards and getting worse...
Old 06-27-2018, 06:19 PM   #378
Alanant

Just sharing that the problem is not resolved in Mojave 10.14 beta 1.
Alanant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:38 AM   #379
donluca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanant View Post
Just sharing that the problem is not resolved in Mojave 10.14 beta 1.
Is that the new public beta? I've read today that they released the beta in public, maybe it's a new build?
donluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 01:52 PM   #380
MC Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
I agree. If Apple didn't disable Displayport 1.2 MST (a decade old technology), I wouldn't even need a DisplayLink dock. If I boot to Windows on the same Mac I can simply daisy chain my two external monitors via a single cable, and it's just Displayport via USB-C, not Thunderbolt 3. Hardware supports it natively.

We have 2018 but Apple tech is now as inconvenient as back in the early 90s. Less and less compatibility with open standards. Apple's OpenGL drivers haven't been updated in years. They're dropping OpenGL and OpenCL as well. No Vulcan support, no CUDA on internal GPUs (because it's AMD). Devs don't care much about Metal2 and it's been buggy as hell. The iMac Pro is basically unserviceable. And a 480p front camera in a 2017 MacBook model, really? It's innovation backwards and getting worse...
Sounds to me like you need to stick with windows and all their forward thinking...
MC Ren is offline   Reply With Quote