Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
hotcha3

Default Nothing appears after reboot

Hi,

I recently bought a new PC and just installed the latest displaylink drivers, for 2 extra monitors, and everything seems to work fine. Both moniors get correctly detected and i can use them.

I have connected 4 monitors directly to the GPU ( Asus GTX 660 DC2O-2GD5 - through HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI-D and DVI-I) and 2 monitors to USB3 with the displaylink adapters (DVI both). My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z-97 HD3 and the CPU is i5 4570.

The problem i have is: All 6 monitors get detected and function perfectly well, BUT every time i reboot or start after a shut down NOTHING appears on any of the 6 monitors. None of them gets detected UNLESS i manually turn off the PC, and start again. Then all 6 monitors get detected again as normal.

So the question is: Why is it failing to detect any of the monitors when i reboot or start the PC the first time, but if i manually shut it down (when it doesn't detect any) and then start again it detects all of them normally ?
So basically right now, every time i need to reboot i'm always having to turn the PC manually off on the first try and then turned on again.

The issue only comes when having the 2 monitors that go with displaylink connected, otherwise the other 4 that are wth the GPU behave normally, and i can reboot normally.

I'd really appreciate any solution for this issue (even if it's by connecting the 2 extra monitors that go with displaylink directly to the motherboard, which i tried but failed to do...when i activated the onboard GPU on BIOS it then didn't detect the GPU ones).

I had 4 monitors with my old PC (2 with GPU and 2 with displaylink), and never had any problem. I changed the PC now because i wanted a better CPU and GPU and mostly to have 6 monitors (i use this PC for Trading).

Thank you very much

Last edited by hotcha3; 10-12-2014 at 05:37 PM.
hotcha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

As soon as you see this issue again please attach the output of this tool:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
Once downloaded, please run it and select "Gather Support Information"

When you reply please select "Manage Attachments" from the "Additional Options" section below.

From there select Upload and navigate to the output of the tool which will be in a folder called "DisplayLink Support Files" on your desktop.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #3
hotcha3

Hi,

The issue happens every single time i restart or turn on the PC. Will this debug toll still work then ?
I never have any problems while the system is on, only when starting the PC (nothing appears). But if i turn it off manually and then turn it on again manually everything works perfectly fine.

It's very strange, and i don't see any logic with it.

Thank you very much
hotcha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:06 AM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

The support tool will work whenever you are logged in.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote