Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-12-2018, 08:46 PM   #351
donluca

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Thank you for your message DonLuca,
Unfortunately, you are correct and rotation is not available on AirPlay.
I feared that would be the problem. So it's not an issue which can be solved since it's a limitation of the AirPlay protocol.

Hopefully you'll manage to come up with a good solution.
Thankfully the displaylink was my fourth monitor which served as a remote control for my Android smartphone, so it's not a huge loss, but since I've paid for the device, I really hope this will get sorted out soon (it's been almost 6 months, time flies).
donluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:24 PM   #352
86celticsrule

Default Will AirPlay be the solution?

I'm curious if AirPlay will be the tool used in the ultimate solution. I have a dozen users on the same network trying to use the AirPlay solution and this driver works for one reboot if you're lucky. Will the adapter work as it did in the past? In other words, are these betas more like a release candidate or a quick patch to try?

Last edited by 86celticsrule; 06-13-2018 at 06:39 PM.
86celticsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:38 PM   #353
donluca

I think Airplay is more like an emergency solution than anything else.

I also get *very* random behavior every time I boot my Mac.

Sometime it works, sometime it messes up all my screens, sometime it just doesn't work at all.

As of now I've just thrown my displaylink device in a drawer and will wait until a better solution comes up.

EDIT: I've read that someone here in this thread is using the Mojave beta. If you read this, can you tell me if they added the option to rotate the screen on Airplay displays? Thanks.
donluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:10 PM   #354
Chris 100

4.3 Beta 5 is causing loss of mouse control when the system wakes up from sleep. Its so bad I cannot even control it long enough to choose "restart" from the apple menu.

Had to disable the user agent, but now it is necessary to re-plug the monitor each time system wakes up.

Going to look and see if 4.3 Beta 3 is still around -- didn't have those problems with that version.
Chris 100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #355
State_from_Jake_Farm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 100 View Post
4.3 Beta 5 is causing loss of mouse control when the system wakes up from sleep. Its so bad I cannot even control it long enough to choose "restart" from the apple menu.

Had to disable the user agent, but now it is necessary to re-plug the monitor each time system wakes up.

Going to look and see if 4.3 Beta 3 is still around -- didn't have those problems with that version.
The exact same issue occurs on my Macbook Pro as well. I had to force-shutdown my computer as I couldn't reboot or select and Finder options (including keyboard shortcuts) without the Airplay / DisplayLink agent repeatedly attempting to connect.
State_from_Jake_Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:56 PM   #356
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by donluca View Post
I think Airplay is more like an emergency solution than anything else.

I also get *very* random behavior every time I boot my Mac.

Sometime it works, sometime it messes up all my screens, sometime it just doesn't work at all.

As of now I've just thrown my displaylink device in a drawer and will wait until a better solution comes up.

EDIT: I've read that someone here in this thread is using the Mojave beta. If you read this, can you tell me if they added the option to rotate the screen on Airplay displays? Thanks.
You are correct, we never considered AirPlay as a permanent solution because of its limitations. We even hesitated enabling this, but we believe having something temporary with limitations is better than nothing at all.
The very first developer preview of Mojave does not bring any change in this area.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:31 PM   #357
MAC

After waiting all this while, and deliberating I just decided to go back to Sierra. Today, took the time to do it and about 6 hours later I have got my display link monitors all back and happily working.

I know it sucks, but I would rather have my monitors than wait for ever.
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:20 PM   #358
Neo.aka.Darkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by donluca View Post
still no rotate option in mojave.
Neo.aka.Darkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:22 PM   #359
tommiy

So nothing in Mojave to fix display link problems on MAC. That means at the very best to align with the Displaylink release that the issue would be fixed in a Apple release is the one past Mojave. Its obvious this is never going to work on a Mac again and if it is then DisplayLink should be able to say when. The wording of an apple release to fix it simply means that they can not do anything. Think everyone that still has one of these will be waiting a very long time....probably at least another year. After all its already been 6 months since DisplayLink knew that this would not work with 10.13.4.

Glad I got rid of mine months ago now when the first release with that wading came out....that sealed the position.
tommiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:50 AM   #360
NikoNorth

Angry This is a joke...

Stop blaming Apple and put money into fixing your driver.
If you can't fix this, I want my money back.
Or maybe we should consider gathering all owners and build a lawsuit. This is a work tool and it has greatly hurt my productivity.

Please fix this, don't wait for Apple.
It's hardware and software, nothing is impossible.

Niko
NikoNorth is offline   Reply With Quote