Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2024, 11:24 AM   #1
stijn_ps

Default DisplayLink manager MacOS app keeps shutting down

Hi all,

Recently I have been facing issues with DisplayLink Manager. I have two HP DisplayLink 4k's on two different desks, but it occurs on both. While most of the time it works accordingly, after a few hours of operation the DisplayLink app randomly closes and I lose two of my three external monitors. Then when I restart the app, the screens come right back to life inmediately.

I am running MacOS Sonoma 14.3 and I have redownloaded and installed the latest MacOS DisplayLink manager from October 2023. (1.10.0 build 117)

Does anyone recognize this issue and have an idea on how to solve it? It's getting on my nerves ;-)

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I noticed the following notification (see attached screenshot). I am unfortunately not getting any system prompts from MacOs when I plug in the DisplayLink. I am pretty sure I pressed "Allow" before but I am not 100% sure. Could this be what's causing my issue?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scherm*afbeelding 2024-01-30 om 13.22.10.jpg (10.3 KB, 1 views)
stijn_ps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 10:56 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stijn_ps View Post
Hi all,

Recently I have been facing issues with DisplayLink Manager. I have two HP DisplayLink 4k's on two different desks, but it occurs on both. While most of the time it works accordingly, after a few hours of operation the DisplayLink app randomly closes and I lose two of my three external monitors. Then when I restart the app, the screens come right back to life inmediately.

I am running MacOS Sonoma 14.3 and I have redownloaded and installed the latest MacOS DisplayLink manager from October 2023. (1.10.0 build 117)

Does anyone recognize this issue and have an idea on how to solve it? It's getting on my nerves ;-)

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I noticed the following notification (see attached screenshot). I am unfortunately not getting any system prompts from MacOs when I plug in the DisplayLink. I am pretty sure I pressed "Allow" before but I am not 100% sure. Could this be what's causing my issue?
The information message you are seeing within the DisplayLink Manager Application status window is static, and is informational only. If you clicked 'Allow' when connecting the DisplayLink-based device to your Mac, then there is no further action necessary.

In regard to the other behavior you describe, if HP has not been able to assist you with your HP product, then the issue can be reported to DisplayLink directly by following the process outlined here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 06:22 PM   #3
userf32

Hello, the same happens to me. The app is randomly shut down, every 15-30 minutes.
I think I updated macOs to Sonoma 14.3 recently.
Macbook Air m1.
userf32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 07:52 AM   #4
stijn_ps

Default Solved

Hi, I contacted Synaptics customer service and they have told me to delete the latest version of DisplayLink and install the older version:

https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...9?filetype=exe

Now it works fine for me
stijn_ps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM   #5
userf32

I did the same yesterday. Installed 1.9 version and no issues for now.
userf32 is offline   Reply With Quote