Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-27-2021, 07:09 PM   #1
cwalli80

Default Virtual Backgrounds problem with DisplayLink powered USB-C Dock

I use an HP Elite USB-C Dock powered by DisplayLink and I have discovered that I can't use Zoom virtual backgrounds while docked. Backgrounds work otherwise and with my smaller travel dock, but if I am using one while docked, I lose signal to the dock. External monitors stop working as do other peripherals (keyboard and mouse). I can hear the computer attempting to reconnect but it won't until I turn off the virtual backgrounds.

My DisplayLink drivers are all up to date -- is this a known issue and if so is there a way to fix or should I look for a new dock that is compatible?
cwalli80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:16 PM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

This is not a known issue. If you wish to investigate it further we can check from our side feedback from the driver - we will need you to gather logfiles to do that: How Can I Report Windows Issues To DisplayLink?

Can you also tell me if you see the device disconnecting and connecting in the Device Manager when this happens?
Can you see any errors in Event Viewer regarding those issues?

For speedy support you can email us the link to this thread along with the logfiles and responses to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

Best Regards
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote