Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2016, 06:52 AM   #1
Ed McD

Unhappy Toshi Dynadock 4K Install Failing

My new Dynadock 4k (model number PA 5217U-1PRP) is intended to work with a new Toshi Satellite S70 laptop running Windows 10. From the Toshiba web site drivers list for the 4K I first tried DisplayLink dynadock and USB Monitor driver V7.9 M3 for Windows 7, 8x, and 10, Posted Date: 2015-10-26 | Version: 7.9.703.0. Install seemed to complete and finish. But no icon appeared in my tray, including in the hidden icons; and there's no reference to DisplayLink at all in my "Apps" list.

I uninstalled the program and used DisplayLink's "cleaner," with a re-start. I then tried DisplayLink Corporate Installer for Windows 7, 8x, and 10
Posted Date: 2015-11-09 | Version: 7.9.664.0. Install seemed to complete and finish - but still no icon or reference to the existence of the software.

I tried Toshiba support, and they gave me web links, one of which led me to an invitation to download Driver Detective to help determine what driver I really need. It won't do anything unless I pay to buy the software - which I won't do. The other link brought me here.

Have I bought a docking station that simply has no available drivers, or does it just not work with my laptop? I'm stymied at the moment.
Ed McD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dynadock 4k, satellite s70, toshiba, win 10