Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-11-2021, 06:49 PM   #1
ashleysco2006

Default No Monitor Detected - Newish wire/display

Hi -

I have a 2015 macbook air (13-inch) running macOS Big Sur v 11.2.3 (I know, 2015!, but it runs like i bought it last year)

My display is a sidetrak portal slide monitor

The sidetrak monitor uses displaylink and is connected to the macbook via a USB-C to USB-A adapter (it's the same one that came with the monitor)

I've had the monitor/cord since january and as of two hours ago the monitor has just stopped working. It will flicker with the "SideTrak" logo on the portable display and then goes black. I've restarted, unplugged, etc. etc. several times and via multiple ports.

I have latest version of displaylink manager 1.3.0. (I began installing latest update of BigSur until i saw a poster on this forum saying not to). I get a "No Monitor Detected" error.

The USB ports on my computer work fine w/ other devices though.

Normally, I'd run out to best buy to buy a new wire or have something shipped but I'm in west africa so my access is limited. I'm trying to manage a data entry project and multiple pitch presentations on a single 13-inch screen. I'm at my wit's end trying to do this.

Any clue on what I can try/do?
ashleysco2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:29 PM   #2
ashleysco2006

Default Figured out a solution

Ok - in case anyone has the same issue, I went into Settings > Display > adjusted color settings to "Stand Steady" - my screens are now an odd shade of blue, but they're working.

IDK what happened for me to have to adjust color display profile - never occurred before. But whatever. IT'S WORKING.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:54 PM   #3
ashleysco2006

Default I'm back - same problem, but solution doesn't work.

So the solution I shared above no longer works. Now when I have the external monitor plugged in, the monitor display loads so I can see the brand logo on the screen and then it just stays like that. I've tried different ports, reloading displaylink, restarting, and changed the color profiles.

Any thoughts on why the logo would light up on the screen but then just freeze? (it never goes black...)

Tags
big sur, mac os, no monitor detected