Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
boetter

Question Trouble setting up MacBook Air + Diamond BVU195 + Fujitsu SL27T-1

Hi there. This is my first post in this forum, so please bear with me if this is just too obvious.

I just received two new monitors from Fujitsu (a 27 inch flatscreen called SL27T-1). I have a 2010 13" MacBook Air. It has a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable connecting one monitor, and the other is connected using a Diamond BVU195 device.

It is all set up now, but I have run into some problems:

The BVU195 cannot recognise the second monitor if I use an HDMI cable. Its just black, but the Mac can show the configuration window if I choose "Gather Windows" in Displays. If I choose to use VGA it works.

The monitor connected with the BVU195 seems to be running in a very low frame rate as simple videos or just basic OS animations, can make the monitor flicker. Is this due to DisplayLink software or the hardware? And is it possible to fix it?

My MacBook Air has its lid closed when I use the monitors, and that seems to help just a tiny bit on the flickering, but watching a video is still unbearable.

Any ideas?
boetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
walkthenose

Default Connecting More than 1 Monitor to Apple Laptop

boetter,

So far my experience with the DisplayLink drivers has been painful. There are too many inconsistencies/issues across OS X versions to run more than 1 external monitor at a time on Apple laptops. If it's not this issue, it's that issue. The posts on the forums support this.

I'm running the same OS X version on the same macbook pro model as one of my coworkers. We both have different issues - She can live with her issues, but my issue revolves around internet connectivity which I can't live with.

The drivers are in need of a major overhaul as they are broken for the most part. Save yourself the headache and ditch the Diamond.

wlke
walkthenose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bvu195, diamond, fujitsu, macbookair, sl27t-1