Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #1
Slidebone

Question AOC USB monitor e2251fwu does not work with Surface Pro2 and Win8.1

I have the AOC USB monitor e2251fwu and a Surface Pro 2 with Win8.1. First, I installed the lastest DisplayLink driver 7.5M0 (When highlighting the drive in the system control, it is stating that the driver is being installed, so I do not know if the installation is really completed correctly). After connecting the monitor, the surface screen and the LED lamp of the monitor start flashing, but no screen activation possible. I retried with driver 7.4M2 but the same result. It seems like the driver wants to activate the monitor but fails. This behaviour has already been reported some weeks (months?) ago in the closed Win8.1 forum but here a driver update was successful.
Since the monitor is not detected by the system, I can't run the reporting tool. Therefore, I do not think that the current supply should be an issue, what I first suspected.
I checked the monitor with my old Win XP computer and everything was ok.
I checked the entire forum and the DisplayLink Knowledgde Base, but no solution available.
Does someone have an idea what the root cause could be?
Since the monitor is very good, what I could see together with my XP laptop, I'm hesitating to return it, but have to if it doesn't work.
Thank you in advance

Last edited by Slidebone; 01-10-2014 at 10:09 AM.
Slidebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #2
Jay Muthukamatchi

Unhappy Same here

Bought a new HP 25inch monitor and docking station to add to my current 24 inch monitor. The docking station, laptop, and two monitors worked well for 8 hours. I believe the laptop went to standby / sleep mode. After that the docking station stopped working. Two days of troubleshooting didn't help. Returned the docking station but stuck with the new HP Monitor. I am also running win8.1 & Display link v7.5. I posted the issue in the forum; waiting for response.
Jay Muthukamatchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:15 PM   #3
JamesH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidebone View Post
I have the AOC USB monitor e2251fwu and a Surface Pro 2 with Win8.1. First, I installed the lastest DisplayLink driver 7.5M0 (When highlighting the drive in the system control, it is stating that the driver is being installed, so I do not know if the installation is really completed correctly). After connecting the monitor, the surface screen and the LED lamp of the monitor start flashing, but no screen activation possible. I retried with driver 7.4M2 but the same result. It seems like the driver wants to activate the monitor but fails. This behaviour has already been reported some weeks (months?) ago in the closed Win8.1 forum but here a driver update was successful.
Since the monitor is not detected by the system, I can't run the reporting tool. Therefore, I do not think that the current supply should be an issue, what I first suspected.
I checked the monitor with my old Win XP computer and everything was ok.
I checked the entire forum and the DisplayLink Knowledgde Base, but no solution available.
Does someone have an idea what the root cause could be?
Since the monitor is very good, what I could see together with my XP laptop, I'm hesitating to return it, but have to if it doesn't work.
Thank you in advance
Hi,

Can you try R7.4 M4 - I believe this issue is fixed in that release:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=105

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote