Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-30-2015, 12:37 AM   #1
Keziapurrs

Angry Highly Disappointed

So, my menu headers are missing, my dock is missing, my picture quality is crappy. I can't plug my speakers into the dock unless I want to hear terrible hissing sounds in my music. So basically I'm using the dock as an overpriced USB HUB.

And the latest driver software does nothing to fix the issues. WTF! I can't return this because it is open.

This product should not be advertised as "works with mac - Yosemite". False advertising.
Keziapurrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:42 PM   #2
saudor

Have you updated to the latest OS X public beta? (10.0.4) Overall performance is so much better (Dare i say close to mavericks levels) even on the beta drivers.

(Macbook Pro 2010 15 inch)
saudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:22 AM   #3
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keziapurrs View Post
So, my menu headers are missing, my dock is missing, my picture quality is crappy. I can't plug my speakers into the dock unless I want to hear terrible hissing sounds in my music. So basically I'm using the dock as an overpriced USB HUB.

And the latest driver software does nothing to fix the issues. WTF! I can't return this because it is open.

This product should not be advertised as "works with mac - Yosemite". False advertising.
Hi Keziapurrs,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Having all these issues happening at once is suspicious, especially the audio should just work: it's a standard interface that uses the standard OS X driver.

Just that reason justifies returning the defective unit within the mandatory warranty period that is in effect in most countries.
I'd contact the manufacturer of your device for an exchange or a return.

Also may I ask you to send me a private message (or public if you feel like it) mentioning the manufacturer and model of the problematic unit? We can contact them and also run some checks of our own.

Best regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #4
rbirds

I've just plugged in my AOC 16" monitor to my MBP 13r with OS X 10.10.4 and have no problems at all.
rbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:03 PM   #5
MAC

@Keziapurrs: What dock/Mac are you using? I was very skeptical of using a DisplayLink dock myself with Mavericks (not upgrading to Yosemite currently) having heard of issues. However, I am pretty happy with my setup, running 3 monitors on Mavericks.

Possibly the dock you have is faulty? A friend of mine also did have some issues with a Mac and Iris graphics.
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote