Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 03-23-2015, 08:58 PM   #1
ITKyle

Default overlapped io operation is in progress

While installing the Displaylink V7.7M4 software I encounter the following error : "overlapped i/o operation is in progress"
This comes up during the Displaylink Core Software install portion (the part where the message says your screen may go black or flash)

I've looked online and come across numerous reports that this is related to Microsoft update KB2918614, which I have uninstalled to no effect.

I've fully uninstalled any traces of Displaylink's failed install using the tool found here, closed all other running programs and still get the same message.

I've also searched these forums for others with the same issue and the only one I found wasn't of any help resolving the issue.

I've ran the Displaylink support tool and attached the output and am hoping someone can help me find a solution to this infuriating issue.
Attached Files
File Type: zip IDL-NB-224_20150323_103710.zip (445.4 KB, 0 views)
ITKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:03 PM   #2
Smart-

Default overlapped i/o operation is in progress

Hi,

I'm getting an "overlapped i/o operation is in progress" error. here is my log file attached, can somebody help me ?
Attached Files
File Type: zip displaylink.zip (441.5 KB, 2 views)
Smart- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 04:24 PM   #3
Wim

We believe this is an issue with a Windows update, which is covered in this blog post from Microsoft:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vsnetsetup/a...r-service.aspx

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:43 PM   #4
BrentS

Default Can't Install DisplayLink Overlapped I/O Error

I'm experiencing the same overlapped I/O Operation errors that others have experienced. I've tried to install by downloading the drivers and also from the CD. I've also used the manual cleaning tools and tried installing drivers both ways. I've attached my debug log. Please help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SINCLAIRLAPTOP_20150404_173544.zip (581.0 KB, 0 views)
BrentS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:16 AM   #5
tabay

me too, same overlapped I/O Operation errors that others have experienced. I contacted AOC as I’m trying to install an USB monitor and revert me to Microsoft and they said it's up to DisplayLink. I tried Beta version being unsuccessful
tabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:10 AM   #6
mrwar

Default "overlapped i/o operation is in progress" too

I am having the same issue: "overlapped i/o operation is in progress" error during the installation. My small Mimo monitor that was working properly for two years stopped working!
Could you please help us, Wim?
Did the OP find a solution to the issue?

Last edited by mrwar; 05-14-2015 at 05:44 AM.
mrwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 06:10 AM   #7
mrwar

Default Solution that worked for me

Ok, I finally managed to install the latest DisplayLink driver and my Mimo is working again. I followed the bread crumbs starting in the blog post from Wim. Uninstalling KB2918614 was not enough unfortunately. Updating the registry also was not an option because I did not know what the "product code" was that was needed in the last step.
In the end, I had uninstalled 3 updates before being able to install the DisplayLink driver: KB2918614, KB2798162 and KB3008627.
The last one I uninstalled was KB3008627, so perhaps that is the only one needed, I am not sure.

Hope this helps everyone else with this problem.
mrwar is offline   Reply With Quote