Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2015, 03:30 PM   #1
dispnev

Default 2.4b2 Forgets Display Positions

I was stuck on Mountain Lion because of Displaylink. Finally, I couldn't wait anymore, and upgraded Mountain Lion to Yosemite and Displaylink 2.4b1. While it was working okay, my Mac would just shut off a few times per week. POOF, rebooting. I looked in the log and it appears it's with 'window server', which points me to probably Displaylink.

I put up with it for a month. I frequently checked this site for new drivers and found the new one yesterday -- 2.4b2. I installed it, hoping it might help. Now, however, every time I reboot I have to re-position the monitors. I guess it's better than just randomly shutting the Mac off, but I don't know if the shut off problem is even fixed in 2.4b2.

So, while I'm still trying out beta2, is there a way to put the monitor positions back to where I had them without opening Preferences>>Displays>> and dragging them back to where they belong?

Is there some way to put it in a script?
Like:
set monitor1 3434, 0, 1920x1200, portrait
etc.

Then I could just double-click it every morning. That wouldn't be horrible.

If it matters, I have a Macbook pro, yosemite, a 30-inch on displayport, and 2x 24-inch monitors (one portrait, one landscape) on displaylink adapters, for a total of 4 monitors.

Last edited by dispnev; 06-09-2015 at 03:35 PM.
dispnev is offline   Reply With Quote