Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 09-13-2018, 03:29 AM   #521
jberez

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Update: September 12th
Users on High Sierra 10.13.4-10.13.6 should install the newly published v4.3 as the workaround to enable one extended USB display now supports additional resolutions.
It was nice to see you finally supporting more resolutions, but they're all lower than the 1920x1200 I can get by mirroring my MBP, not to mention even higher ones that my DisplayLink device used to handle. Any chance of adding some higher resolutions, or does your use of AirPlay make 1080p a hard upper limit?
jberez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #522
mlukaszek

Custom resolutions, including 4K can now be set using a new DisplayLink UI icon that should be appearing next to the WiFi icon once a DisplayLink monitor using AirPlay is connected.

Preferred mode should be persisted for the screen, so the custom resolution would be restored after reconnecting, even if it's higher than 1080p.

Note the system settings UI for that DisplayLink screen would not be aware of those extra resolutions - the highest listed would still be 1080p, and none would seem selected if a custom resolution is not in the original list in system UI.

Regards,
Michal

Last edited by mlukaszek; 09-13-2018 at 09:51 AM.
mlukaszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:21 PM   #523
warlockuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlukaszek View Post
Custom resolutions, including 4K can now be set using a new DisplayLink UI icon that should be appearing next to the WiFi icon once a DisplayLink monitor using AirPlay is connected.

Preferred mode should be persisted for the screen, so the custom resolution would be restored after reconnecting, even if it's higher than 1080p.

Note the system settings UI for that DisplayLink screen would not be aware of those extra resolutions - the highest listed would still be 1080p, and none would seem selected if a custom resolution is not in the original list in system UI.

Regards,
Michal
I just updated to the new driver and now my display will only mirror. Yay.

*edit*
I had to totally remove the driver, restart and then reinstall. And restart.

Seeeeems to work for now. Cheers. Second USB dongle dead but I can live with that for now

Last edited by warlockuk; 09-13-2018 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Update on success
warlockuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:10 PM   #524
jberez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlukaszek View Post

Regards,
Michal
Thanks, that works!
Old 09-14-2018, 11:50 AM   #525
warlockuk

Is it my imagination, or do the custom resolutions actually just stretch? I've got a 1920x1200 screen that looks blurry at 1920x1200 but fine at 1920x1080 (with bars)... I take it that's expected ? :/
Old 09-14-2018, 06:49 PM   #526
johnmharte

I'm running 2560x1440 and it is blurry. Not crazy blurry but pretty bad, that's on a pair of Dell 4k 24" monitors. Of course, I can only have one working at a time, aka the airplay mirroring "fix".

So all this did for me was allow for higher, although blurry resolution.

Maybe by 2019 we can use our HumanScale arms....
johnmharte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:42 PM   #527
jberez

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlockuk View Post
Is it my imagination, or do the custom resolutions actually just stretch? I've got a 1920x1200 screen that looks blurry at 1920x1200 but fine at 1920x1080 (with bars)... I take it that's expected ? :/
Worse than that. At least on my 2011 MBP, it adds a great deal of lag. Going back to 1920x1080 myself. Unfortunately my computer won't support Mojave, so will just have to live with it.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:47 PM   #528
marcio.camuati

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlockuk View Post
I just updated to the new driver and now my display will only mirror. Yay.

*edit*
I had to totally remove the driver, restart and then reinstall. And restart.

Seeeeems to work for now. Cheers. Second USB dongle dead but I can live with that for now
For me it didn't work. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it but after the process my screens are black showing only the mouse cursor. When I change it to mirror all screens show the image correctly.

What can I do to fix it?
marcio.camuati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:49 AM   #529
warlockuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcio.camuati View Post
For me it didn't work. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it but after the process my screens are black showing only the mouse cursor. When I change it to mirror all screens show the image correctly.

What can I do to fix it?
Ouch. In that case I have no idea. Maybe try the previous driver, beta 5 if you can get it?

I had real problems getting this one working, it was a re-install followed by about 15 minutes of fighting to get the monitor to be used as a monitor.

Just to check, on the Airplay icon up top, is 'Use as a separate display' selected / selectable?
Old 09-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #530
warlockuk

I'm starting to experience similar things - I regularly undock/redock the machine and on re-docking there's usually a 50/50 chance the screen will be mirrored again or the wrong resolution (and blurry). All I can do there is un-plug and replug until it works - that might work for you if it's only mirroring?