Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 03-01-2016, 11:00 PM   #1
segue

Default External monitor not detected after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi all. I finally caved and allowed my Dell XPS15 laptop to upgrade from Window 7 to Windows 10, and the external monitor stopped working. I use a Dynadock to connect my laptop to a ViewSonic monitor, but the system is no longer detecting the monitor, and the monitor is no longer getting a signal. Audio and USB peripherals appear to work fine through the Dynadock. I've tried uninstalling and cleaning and reinstalling the latest video and Displaylink drivers in multiple sequences and combinations with zero luck.

Anybody have any ideas? This is driving me nuts and I really don't want to have to trash my docking station because of an "upgrade." I've attached the log file generated by the support tool.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip CURBENDOX_20160301_140600.zip (1.16 MB, 3 views)
segue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:48 AM   #2
danraymond

Unhappy Same issue with monitors

I am having the same issues with monitors on windows 10 this morning after an unexpected update by microsoft ( to Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Build 14257.rs1_release.160131-1800)

I had been running the latest 7.9 displaylink drivers and have reinstalled with no result.

Seems that the monitors don't get any signal. I have one on HDMI and one on the VGA port, same problem.

All other USB attached work, as does the audio.

Need a solution as this is my main production environment

Dan
danraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:15 AM   #3
AlbanRampon

Hello,
I went through the logs and there is a USB enumeration problem on your device. In short, it means your docking station cannot talk properly with Windows and Windows ignores the end points. That's why you don't get any pixel.
I suggest trying on an alternative USB port with an alternative cable, maybe even with a USB2 cable/slot to check if the issue is localized to USB3.

Microsoft Windows Insiders builds are too instable for us to be able to support them. You put yourself on the fast ring, I believe, so we don't get it before you do. We'll support RS1 before Windows starts to support it, but not currently.
It usually still works though, if the primary graphics drivers do, but we cannot give any guarantee.

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:25 AM   #4
segue

Quote:
Originally Posted by arampon View Post
Hello,
I went through the logs and there is a USB enumeration problem on your device. In short, it means your docking station cannot talk properly with Windows and Windows ignores the end points. That's why you don't get any pixel.
I suggest trying on an alternative USB port with an alternative cable, maybe even with a USB2 cable/slot to check if the issue is localized to USB3.

Microsoft Windows Insiders builds are too instable for us to be able to support them. You put yourself on the fast ring, I believe, so we don't get it before you do. We'll support RS1 before Windows starts to support it, but not currently.
It usually still works though, if the primary graphics drivers do, but we cannot give any guarantee.
I tinkered with this for two weeks and finally gave up today. I reverted back to Windows 7 and everything is working properly again. Adios, Windows 10.
segue is offline   Reply With Quote