Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release

Old 08-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
molespf

Default stuttering on Mac x64 Snow Leopard

I just purchased an Infocus IN1503 and was very excited to try out the DisplayLink technology. I have found though that I am not able to do full motion video at full screen w/o the picture stuttering. The native resolution of the projector is 1280x800 which should be well within the range of DisplayLink and USB but I have to drop the resolution to 800x600 to get smooth picture.

To make sure it wasn't an issue w/ my video card or laptop, I played the same video (Hulu.com) on the projector using a VGA cable and am able to do 1280x800 (and up!) perfectly.

I have attached a debug to the post. Hopefully this helps in tracking down the issue.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (253.8 KB, 594 views)
Old 08-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
molespf

I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry.

Can a moderator move this over the the Mac Beta 1.6 forum?

Thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
Tarmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzj0770 View Post
I have found though that I am not able to do full motion video at full screen w/o the picture stuttering. The native resolution of the projector is 1280x800 which should be well within the range of DisplayLink and USB but I have to drop the resolution to 800x600 to get smooth picture.
You weren't actually expecting this to work, were you? Mac drivers are not capable of doing any hardware acceleration, so you can forget about any gaming or hi-res videos. Sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzj0770 View Post
Can a moderator move this over the the Mac Beta 1.6 forum?

Thanks
What do you know. There are actually DisplayLink's employees wandering around the forum