Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 04-04-2017, 12:19 PM   #1
Gugi96

Unhappy Problems with DisplayLink

Hello people of the Display Link community!
First of all I'm not sure I'm in the right section(Knowing myself I'm probably not) so please move it if it's in the wrong place. Okay so here it goes, I work for a company that uses Lenovo USB Dock 3.0 port replicators the basic and the pro devices. Okay so everybody has a Lenovo laptop l450, windows 7. The problem usually occurs when somebody goes on a break their computer goes idle and locks it. After they come back and log in the screen either freezes or a window of an application is completely black or the windows of application seem to cut off, you can see half of outlook when you open something it's white and so on.Needless to say it's quite annoying. The only thing I found works is restarting the service DisplayLinkManager. If you have any Ideas or if I'm in the wrong place please help refer me to someone who can help me out. Also I tried everything I could find on the internet and here on the forums, all drivers are up to date, the graphics card driver, the USB 3.0 host controller driver, the DislpayLink driver. This might be helpful, this problem occurs with normal users they use windows 7 while the IT sector where I'm at we use windows 8.1.
We had smaller issues but nothing like this. Everyone also uses Office 2013, and Disabling Hardware acceleration in it didn't work either. I'm really out of ideas so If anyone run into something remotely similar please respond 'cause I'm going nuts over here. Thank you in advance.
Gugi96 is offline   Reply With Quote