Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
WiringHarness

Default DisplayLink Service non-responsive after sleep on Windows 7 x64

I have been using a Lenovo M01061 DisplayLink adapter for the last year and a half Recently (around December 2103) I updated the DL driver to 7.5.52277.0 and I have been having a problem ever since. Whenever I put the computer to sleep and then wake it up again the DL service/driver fails.

My computer, a Lenovo T410s laptop, runs Window 7 Professional, 64-bit. At work, I have a dock with two external monitors attached for a 3-screen station, "Monitor 2" is attached to the dock's DVI port, and "Monitor 3" is attached to the DisplayLink adapter. At home I have a second monitor which I plug into the VGA port. Also I frequently use the laptop away from my desks, with no external monitors, and I put the computer in sleep mode at least twice per day, to and from work, and I rarely reboot.

If I put the computer to sleep, and then re-awaken it, (usually I use it without the DL in the meantime, but I just tested that I can reproduce the problem merely by sleeping it and waking it up again) then the Monitor 3 display is not detected, and Windows does not use the Screen Resolution / layout that it associates with my 3-monitor state. I would also note that the DL monitor has an amber LED indicator when nothing is driving the display (it is still plugged in and the dock is powered, but there is no laptop), and then when this problem happens the LED is green indicating a video signal, but the display is all black.

To repair it, I open the Services console, and stop DisplayLinkManager. It always times out with an error: "Windows could not stop the DisplayLinkManager service on Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." Then I restart the service and my DL display comes back and my three displays return to the expected configuration.

I ran the DL Support tool. Is there a private way to upload the output?

I realize this forum does not promise individual tech support but it seems like no one else is likely to be able to fix the driver.

On a separate note, the UI does not open from the icon in the Windows Tray. If I select "display link manager" I get is the About window with the version number. I can go to the task manager and switch to DisplayLinkUI and that brings up the GUI.
WiringHarness is offline   Reply With Quote