Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #21
zcrow

And mine is to my right
zcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #22
gonzalomateo

Same problem here using 10.8 Mountain Lion. I'm getting kernel panics. This is unacceptable. You should remove compatibility with Mountain Lion in your web page since this problem is solved.

Hope you can fix this problem soon.
gonzalomateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #23
wadel1

Default Need this fixed!

This causes a panic on my 15" MBP i5 everytime it wakes from sleep after having the display adapter connected. Please get this resolved ASAP!
wadel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #24
fnegrin

Yes, as I have said on the other thread related to this issue, I have the same problem. Since upgrading to mountain lion and upgrading the display link driver to the latest version I can no longer let my 15 inch macbook pro (late 2011)go into sleep mode because it simply shuts down after a while and on restart it tells me there was a problem that caused the shutdown......

When my mac is not on mains power this is a huge problem and has caused me to lose unsaved work etc.....

I also have uninstalled the driver and the problem has vanished, returning as soon as I reinstalled the driver.....

Please help!
fnegrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #25
jmoz

I am also having the same issue on a mid-2012 Macbook Air (11") using the 1.8 driver on ML. The problem is very repeatable:
My DisplayLink device is connected to a USB on the back of my Thunderbolt Display. When I remove the computer, the next time I wake it up, it tells me it has restarted because of a crash. This happens 100% of the time.

I was wondering:
1) Whether DL has found the problem,
2) If so, what the estimated time until correction might be,
3) Whether this is something which is actually bad for my computer, or if I should just deal with it in the meantime. (I'd prefer not to uninstall the driver, and I haven't lost anything because I always save everything before I undock, but I also don't want to be creating new problems.)

Thanks!
jmoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:07 AM   #26
bernier

Default Hardware acceleration?

It seems like the driver crashes because of displaylink's hardware acceleration. I've noticed that in Windows 7 on the same machine, videos (e.g. netflix) become really choppy and usually unplayable. On Mac, the videos are fluid. Seems to me like the Mac side is hw accelerated and the driver/usb connection has trouble keeping up. Then again, I have no clue but thought that this might be a potential cause.
bernier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #27
unusedusername

I have the exact same issue. Crash after every sleep.

I have 2 setups for the monitors, one at home and one at work. This is a crash from when I'm at work with 2 USB monitors attached.

I've attached the kernel stack trace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1evilboy View Post
So after my previous post I see many people are experiencing the exact same issue and step needed to reproduce the problem. It seems using the external video adapter at one location, followed by leaving that location with the Mac in sleep, followed by opening the Mac at another location sans DisplayLink peripherals results in the Gray Screen Of Death. Please let me know when there's a solution, as this extra monitor on my desk is teasing me until I feel safe enough to use it again.
Actually if I sleep the machine, unplug from display link hardware, plug back into displaylink hardware and wake up the crash still happens.

I've got 2 external monitors at work and one at home that I guess I either have to not use, or get used to rebooting.

Also it seems that the "messages" app has very odd things going on with its fonts if used on the external monitor.
Attached Files
File Type: txt problem_report.txt (9.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by unusedusername; 08-07-2012 at 05:36 AM.
unusedusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #28
jmoz

As a temporary solution, unplugging the USB of the DL device before undocking seems to prevent the crash. Still, the lack of response from DL is getting to be a bit troubling.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #29
alexkli

Default Tried to contact support...

Hi everyone,

I tried to contact displaylink support via "Ask a question" on the support page to make them aware of this issue and this thread. However, the submit only results in a blank page. So I sent them a tweet:

https://twitter.com/alexkli/status/232911450417532929

Alex
alexkli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #30
jmoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoz View Post
As a temporary solution, unplugging the USB of the DL device before undocking seems to prevent the crash. Still, the lack of response from DL is getting to be a bit troubling.
And I spoke (typed?) too soon- another crash even though I had unplugged the DL device before undocking.