Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
cumic

Default Choosing between two external screens or reliable Finder & Adium & Chrome

Late 2011 13" Macbook pro, using the Diamond BVU195.

Same issue with Finder, crashing every time I open it. Adium, Chrome and others also crash from time to time. In the console log there are errors about libGPUSupport.dylib and other similar libraries.

Please try to fix these issues, I'm one screen short

Thanks
cumic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
cumic

Default Back to the alpha

Actually, going back to the (unstable) alpha is not as bad as this "stable" release:

http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1538

At least Finder/Adium/Chrome/etc works, even if I have to reboot every time to properly set my screens up.
cumic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:23 AM   #13
rod242

Default Any update from DisplayLink?

Like many others I am finding the latest driver release with Mountain Lion support to cause significant instability for many applications and OSX as a whole.

Could a display link representative give an indication that they are working on the problem and that perhaps a new release is coming?

Thanks
rod242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #14
Walter0132

i too am seeing my Macbook Pro (early 2011) crashed upon opening the lid the next morning after sleeping. I uninstalled the Display link 1.8 driver and had no problems with sleep mode the next day- reinstalled it after a few days and the problem follows again. Also noticed that every time i plug the display link usb devices into the mac it creates a new Display Profile. I have 3 Display Link Monitors connected and I always have to rearrange them... and now I have to Correct the Color also! The problem got 10x worse with ML OS X 10.8 not better! Anyone else have another product they can recommend that is a little better supported? I have used with Display Link products for many years but seems they either don't care or don't want to fix their issues. Could someone from DL atleast let us know you are reading and working on this fix.. before you loose alot of customers!!!!
Walter0132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #15
theallisonhome

Default Is progress being made on a better driver

Like the others, I have a 2011 MacBook Pro with 3 BVU195 adaptors an the crashing make the system useless. I've back down to the older revision and that has helped with the crashes of the finder, safari and other apps. My concern is with the older revision, the macbook fans are on 100% of the time. The activity monitor shows them as being the top runners. When running Lion, i didn't have the fan issues so I'm worried about leaving the computer running 24 hours a day. At this point, I'm putting the unit to sleep to attend meetings because of fan noise and concern about over heating.

DisplayLink needs to do better at providing a status of the update progress. My opinion is that a well tested driver should have been prepared for this release unless DisplayLink doesn't plan to support this product any further.

Please update the community as to progress and perhaps an expected date for the new driver.
theallisonhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #16
chandler767

Default still issues

I am also having issues and reinstalled ML 3 times before I decided to check the display drivers. I hate I cant use my 2 $300 displays because the driver wasn't checked properly.
chandler767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #17
vraopolisetti

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumic View Post
Actually, going back to the (unstable) alpha is not as bad as this "stable" release:

http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1538

At least Finder/Adium/Chrome/etc works, even if I have to reboot every time to properly set my screens up.
This alpha version is also not working for me. It also crashes all the apps and I could not even open the pkg to uninstall it. I had to boot it in safe boot node and uninstall it.

I believe, DisplayLink does not see the true picture of what is going on with their driver. I have not seen a single assurance from the DisplayLink team so far as to whether they are trying to fix this or what.

This is a truly un-customer friendly company, I guess.
vraopolisetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #18
jdmueller84

My two Lenovo 14" external displays ($200 each) were purchased for my Macbook Air and worked perfectly fine until I installed the new 10.8 and DisplayLink drivers.

So the total now is 2 displays on my Mac Pro, and 2 for my Macbook Air. I put up with the screen rotational issues for a long time and didn't say anything. But we are coming to a whole new level of screwing over your customers. Whatever this cost you to hire someone to fix you need to do it DisplayLink! We (your customers) have spent hundreds of dollars on your products, and others (like me) RELY on this product in order to develop and produce OUR products and services.

This is extremely disrespectful and I feel taken advantage of. As a developer I know you have had PLENTY of time to work out whatever bugs 10.8 would throw at you. There were several different releases of 10.8 as it was being developed and I don't believe for one f***ing second that you didn't have access to this.

The people on this forum ( and no disrespect meant to anyone not on the forum ) complaining about this issue on their Mac 10.8 system are not your typical users. We are software developers and graphic designers, ect. We are the people that use the computer all day, and sometimes all night to product our services and products to our customers. Generally speaking the Mac community represents users that expect more. If you offer a driver and say it works on 10.8 when we install it we expect the thing to work. But somehow you have managed to render 2 of my systems worthless and still we hear NOTHING for a solution on this.

As I watch the responses to this forum grow by the hour I can't help but think what the hell is wrong with you as a company? Do you not think you should test your own products before slapping your label on them and then saying the 10.8 driver works? Some of these people's systems are so badly screwed up with your driver that they can't even uninstall it. If your goal was to make this a virus with the purpose to cause malicious harm... I would say you have done an EXCELLENT job. I personally... will NEVER use a DisplayLink product after this and I certainly will relay my experiences to anyone I know in my industry that will listen. This is asinine that you have left so many of us like this. It would be one thing if your driver just didn't work. BUT YOUR DRIVERS ARE CRASHING OUR SYSTEMS. Who knows how many hundreds of hours your customers will spend over your inability to provide a driver that was fully tested. Seriously disappointed!!!
jdmueller84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #19
Insert_Coin

I am having the same issues, and I'm about to try the alpha driver. Also, your login isn't popping up on the displaylink screen, which is not working, it's still where it should be, but it's invisible (not rendering). If you move your cursor around where the password field should be, it will eventually turn into the "I," signifying that the field is there ...
I'm also using a late '11 MBP 13".
Insert_Coin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #20
Insert_Coin

So, the alpha driver didn't work either. Finder still crashes, and Flash doesn't work. On a related note, if you can't get finder open, and you want to uninstall the driver from the dmg, opening finder from another application seems to work fine, so use the 'show in finder' link in your downloads in Chrome, for instance. I've also used the open file window in TextEdit. Finder seems to be having troubles loading itself natively for some reason.
Insert_Coin is offline   Reply With Quote