Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #21
mentalengine

Default A month on and....

It's 5 days shy of a month since Apple developer sites were brought back up, and still no signed driver. I know Apple is a slow machine, being an app developer, I also know it doesn't take a month to get a signed kext. There has to be way more to this.

At this point the release version of Mavericks will be out before any update to the drivers. The release history for Windows shows releases happen on a frequency of almost 4 to 1 over Mac, hardly something that one can blame solely on Apple or its delays. This seems more of a resource issue than anything.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #22
volsk

Default Yes, please

Yes, an alpha release would be very welcome.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #23
MickM

if {
you felt the Mavericks driver was robust enough to submit to Apple;
and
they're taking forever to sign it;
and
by the time they sign do it there will almost certainly be insufficient time to implement fixes we find before they release 10.9
}
then
why on Earth would you not release the driver to the 10.9 beta-testers sooner than later!!??

Despite the above logic, I also filed another 10.9 bug report with Apple about this and implored them to hurry up and evaluate that DisplayLink driver.

Sheesh...
Old 08-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #24
Ludacrisvp

I'm starting to think that the beta for Mavericks display link driver is becoming Vaporware....
Old 08-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #25
JoshFink

This is going to be a huge issue for me. I really would like to get the beta drivers for OSX soon.

I don't see a reason that there can't be a beta notice with it saying the drivers aren't signed.

Post the drivers so everyone can use them. As soon as their accepted then update the beta.

Seems simple unless there truly are no drivers which would be much more concerning.

Josh
Old 08-27-2013, 03:28 AM   #26
greywolfnz

Thumbs down maverick preview 6 and still no drivers !!!

come on guys !!

it is becoming a major problem now .
Old 08-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #27
fhall1

Sure seems to have gotten quiet in here from a Displaylink rep perspective
Old 08-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #28
jkirker

Was the driver signing was just a convenient excuse?
Old 08-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #29
mentalengine

Thumbs down So now....

Now that we can all see the smokescreen. Anyone thinking of alternatives? I am looking at the Matrox Dual Head ME. Thunderbolt 2 monitors. Sounds promising. Here is a link for info I found. http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/pr...go/digital_me/

I am still secretly hoping the DisplayLink product on the Mac side will stop getting the step child treatment and take a proper priority spot in the support queue at DisplayLink, however if history is a good indicator of future behavior, this will prove futile.

Anyone at DL want to tread into the water a bit here and throw us an update?
Old 08-30-2013, 01:13 AM   #30
JoshFink

Even though I would like an updated driver I'm able to use this with OSX 10.9 DP6 on a 2013 MacBook Air. I would say my 2nd monitor through a Plugable USB3-HDMI-DVI adapter is functional but with a little lag. I'm also using this monitor in a vertical mode. 1080x1920. Since I use this 2nd monitor for email and such it's not a huge deal.

I would however love some beta drivers that might get rid of the lag and get me the experience I'm looking for.

Thanks

Josh

UPDATE:[ Of course, after I post it something happens and things start to suck again. Way too laggy to use. Disregard the above post.

Last edited by JoshFink; 08-30-2013 at 02:35 AM.
Closed Thread