Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-08-2015, 03:47 AM   #11
MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourzoo View Post
Have you resolved the issue that damaged adapters? Just being honest here, but I'm scared to try this and fry my other adapter.
Sorry, I seem to have missed that. Where did you get that info from?
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:16 AM   #12
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultzirides View Post
Carlo, does that mean that we should uninstall Beta 1 before updating? I simply rain the new installer from the new disk image.

(EDIT: Changed quoted text selection to be more specific)
A straight update is fine.

Really, please do delete the beta 1 installer image.

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:18 AM   #13
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourzoo View Post
Have you resolved the issue that damaged adapters? Just being honest here, but I'm scared to try this and fry my other adapter.
Your issue has been fixed yes. I understand your concern!

Regards,
Carlo
Old 10-10-2015, 04:07 PM   #14
pmontelo

Hi Carlo,

I'm on OS X 10.10.5 and with 2.5 Beta 2, my DisplayLink screen only displays my desktop image and the mouse cursor. If I drag a window over to the DisplayLink screen, I only see the desktop image and mouse cursor.

Some extra info, I have 3 displays on a Mac Mini 2012, main center display = HDMI, right display = thunderbolt, left display = DisplayLink USB

I have reverted back to 2.4 and everything is working again. I am hoping to upgrade to OS X 10.11.1 but will hold off until a driver is available.

Thanks,
Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Hi All,

We have released today version 2.5 Beta 2. This version fixes critical issues in the beta 1 and is recommended to all El Capitan users. More information in the release note.

We'd like to hear your feedback!

A reminder: if you have downloaded the Beta 1 please uninstall it and delete the installation image. If you had device issues after using the beta 1 please contact us at http://support.displaylink.com

Best regards,
Carlo
pmontelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:39 PM   #15
pbuckner

Default Still fails with old Apple Studio Display and iTunes crashes system

No better than 2.4 for me.

El Capitan, USB2 connected (via ADC) old Apple Studio Display. Screen remains blank, mouse can move into space, but nothing is displayed.

iTunes, when minimizing, will cause user to logout. With 2.4, this happened nearly every time app minimized. With 2.5b2 it's still over 50%, so I uninstall driver.

Let me know if you want a log.
pbuckner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #16
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi All,

Thank you for letting us know. This issue with no updates on DisplayLink screen but mouse visible has been reported a few times now and we'll look into it. It's very likely that we can provide a solution.

About minimising iTunes we'll refresh the bug we have open with Apple. I'm more optimistic now that we got a Window Server fix in El Capitan. More may come.

Best regards,
Carlo
Old 10-12-2015, 04:21 AM   #17
Junto026

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHof View Post
I can move my mouse onto the screen, see the proper background, see the menu but can't bring any app or file onto the screen.

Ben
The same thing randomly happened to me after days of use. Uninstalling 2.5 Beta 2 and re-installing fixed it for me.
Junto026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:56 PM   #18
falcom

Default High CPU and random screen freezes with 2.5b2

After periodic OS lockups when waking screens I've updated from 2.4 to 2.5b2 after uninstalling 2.4. Now that I'm on 2.5b2 I'm seeing that the DisplayLinkManager always consumes 40% CPU. Additionally each time I reboot, the DL screen is frozen on the login window and this persists even after login, I can then unfreeze it by temporarily reconfiguring which of my three screens is the "main display". After that I periodically get into a state where the DL screen freezes again though the mouse pointer can still move around, nothing else is being updated. While frozen the CPU returns to normal at least Changing which display is the main display again temporarily resolves this frozen state. Looks like I'll be downgrading back to 2.4 as the wake from sleep lockups are far easier to manage then the issues I'm seeing with 2.5b2.

One final issue which I've been seeing on 2.4 even pre El Cap is that the DL audio will randomly unmute itself if I have it on mute, this may occur every 5-10 minutes as if the audio adapter is being reset, same thing happens if I unplug/replug USB for instance. I haven't been on 2.5b2 long enough to know if I've got the same issue there or not.

I'm running El Capitan on a 13" early 2015 rMBP i7 with 16GB. I'm using the Dell D3100 attached over USB3 to a single 1920x1080 monitor as well as ethernet and audio and a Time Machine backup drive. I also have two 4K monitors attached directly to the Mac.

I've just attached a "spin dump" of the DisplayLinkManager while it is consuming the 40% CPU

thanks,

mark
Attached Files
File Type: zip Spindump.zip (1.33 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by falcom; 10-13-2015 at 03:42 PM. Reason: attachment
falcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 04:52 AM   #19
ourzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
Sorry, I seem to have missed that. Where did you get that info from?
I don't think it happened to many folks (I hope not), but when I updated to 2.5 beta 1 my adapter was no longer found even after I uninstalled and reinstalled 2.4. When I connected to my setup in my office all is well using 2.4. Something about the update damaged the firmware in the adapter.
ourzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 04:57 AM   #20
ourzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Your issue has been fixed yes. I understand your concern!

Regards,
Carlo
Thanks Carlo. I think I'm still going to sit on the sidelines for a bit.
ourzoo is offline   Reply With Quote