Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-21-2018, 05:25 PM   #1
Jimmy Mac

Default Display Link Drivers kill video drivers

Team Display Link,

We are running Windows Enterprise 2015 LTSB and have found that after a fresh image of the laptop and installing the display port software, the display port works with no issues Randomly the display port will just stop working and there is an exclamation point on the video driver (Intel 5500, Intel 520). At this point the HDMI monitor port on the laptop stops working too. Once the display link software is uninstalled and the system restarted, the exclamation point goes away on the video card and the HDMI port starts working again. I have tried many versions of the display link software and intel drivers and the issue never goes away. Once it is broke it stays broke until it is imaged again. What is the fix for this issue ?

Thanks,
Jim
Jimmy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:42 AM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Jimmy,

Would you please be able to post logs created using the tool linked last in my forum signature?

You can collect them when the issue is present.
There might be some memory dump files which will help understand why the Intel graphics gets the yellow bang.
The logs will also tell me what build and patch of that OS is running, along with any update which would have been performed just before it stops working.

Are you using the MSI to deploy to that machine or the standard SETUP.EXE?

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:03 PM   #3
Jimmy Mac

Thanks Alaban !!! I just found out 5 minutes ago the culprit. The 2 people who had this issue installed a program called Duet Display which lets you use your ipad as a 2nd monitor. Once we uninstalled Duet Display, the exclamation point disappeared from the video driver and all the display link drivers showed up as unknown devices in device manager. All I had to do at this point was re-install the display link drivers and everything started working again.
Jimmy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote