Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-07-2015, 04:33 PM   #1
luckman212

Default Conflict with Homebrew brew doctor

The details are pretty well covered here
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/issues/23333

TL;DR is that with DisplayLink drivers installed (even as of 2.4b1) it installs a file at /usr/local/lib/libusb-1.0.0.dylib

This file conflicts with Homebrew's 'brew doctor' command and results in a spurious error

Not the end of the world but maybe there's another place DL can place this library so it doesn't conflict with Homebrew?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2015-06-07 at 11.32.18 AM.jpg (21.6 KB, 1 views)
luckman212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:22 AM   #2
jb510

This may be obvious but then maybe not for everyone. Brew isn't giving you an _error_ it giving you a _warning_. Brew should issue a warning since as it says "If you didn't put them there on purpose they could cause problems". Only you did put that lib there on purpose when you installed DisplayLink and they're not causing problems... at least not that I've heard of so like so many _warnings_ in life, ignore it and move on.

While Brew would like to manage everything in /usr/local/lib, it's not it's exclusive domain.

Anyway, I use Brew too and while I'd love to see no _warnings_ unless there is a actual _error_, I don't think there really is anything to do here. It's all behaving exactly as it's designed to.
jb510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:36 AM   #3
jb510

BTW, kind of related but if the DL people see this... it would be nice to know if we could link a newer version of usblib (1.0.19 is current and 1.0.20 is RC). I assume there is some reason you installing such an outdated version, but if not...
jb510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:40 PM   #4
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb510 View Post
BTW, kind of related but if the DL people see this... it would be nice to know if we could link a newer version of usblib (1.0.19 is current and 1.0.20 is RC). I assume there is some reason you installing such an outdated version, but if not...
Hi jb510,

We're going to resolve this problem in the next version. It won't be long but as usual I can't give a precise date for it.

Best regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote