Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 03-04-2018, 09:03 PM   #1
ballyhoo

Default Unable to duplicate laptop to 2 Asus M168B

Hi. Windows 10 build1703 on Dell 7510. I was able previously to duplicate the main screen to 2 Asus M168B connected by USB3 and I was also able to extend, toggling between these options using f8. However that was on the 'fall' windows build 1709, and I have now done a complete rebuild and installed 1703 for various reasons. I ran DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows 8.4 M0. I can't get it to work like it used to, I can duplicate to either Asus and the 3rd one extends, or I can have all 3 in extend mode, but I cannot have 3 identical screens like I could before. Any assistance appreciated! [to be clear, I am not fully 'up to date' on Windows since that would mean 1709]

UPDATE Kind of weird - it just suddenly started working after a Dell utility caused a screen 'blink'. Is there any way to robustly achieve duplicated screens? I've had it be a bit flaky in a client demo situation and somehow just frigged it into action by toggling, unplugging etc... not very satisfactory! Especially because this time none of that worked until bingo. I just am asking for the 'recommended procedure'. The screens come totally without manuals.

Last edited by ballyhoo; 03-04-2018 at 09:17 PM. Reason: extra info
ballyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:56 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

Cloning across adapters is not decided by DisplayLink driver.
The reason it started working could be because of a Windows Update for either the Intel graphics or an OS patch, or because you rely on software which wasn't running.

The normal way to change mode is Windows+P for "Projection".
If you use F8, then it could be using the Dell laptop hotkey and explain why you need to have the appropriate Dell software running.

Regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asus mb168+, windows 10 (1703)