Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2020, 06:02 PM   #1
dahauss

Default Macos 10.13.6 mirroring

I just updated my 2011 iMac to 10.13.6 and I followed the instructions at https://support.displaylink.com/know...k-display-on-m in order to setup the displaylink device with this OS. I only get the screen connected to the displaylink to MIRROR and not EXTEND and there is no option of "Use as Separate Display" listed in airplay like it says should be there.

How do I resolve this?
dahauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 11:29 PM   #2
mlleddy

Default At least you have something

I have installed and de-installed this software ten times or more and still am not able to get anything to work on my late 2011 13 macbook with 10.13.6 HS. I love the concept and the product itself but because of the limitations of High Sierra and not being able to update to the next software OS I am finding this does not work in any way shape or form on my macbook. I have tried every combination as directed in the help files all to no avail. When I plug the cable in it lights the monitor for about 5-10 seconds and that is the only way I know the monitor itself works. The software drivers do not set up access for a new Display Device and it is not recognized when I use the "Option" Detect Display.

All in all I think you are better off than I since you at least are able to get it to mirror.
mlleddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:20 PM   #3
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

For both cases to know more detail on the configuration we'd have to gather logs that will show us more.
Please collect the logs by following steps in the following link:
https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

Thank you Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote