Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 04-27-2018, 01:47 AM   #211
make dsplyLink gr8t again

Unhappy Please fix this, please.

To the good folks at DisplayLink,

I realize there's nothing new to be said here until you fix this issue. I also realize Apple broke it. However, Apple broke this connection in the 10.13.4 beta, so you've known about this for a while. Also, controlling external displays is literally all your product does, and now it doesn't do that, so it's not even really a product anymore, it's just a piece of expensive plastic.

I rely heavily on the "extended screen" feature to do my work and without it, I'm pretty screwed. It's been 3 months since the first post (just on this forum). I know it's complicated, otherwise I assume you or the internet gnomes would have sorted it out by now. I have followed the latest news on this forum daily, in hopes of any good news, however all I have read is DisplayLink placating the concerned citizens of this forum.

As a long time DisplayLink user, it saddens me to ask the other members of this forum, but here it goes: good folks of the extended display world, do you know of any other display extension products out there that can use (1) USB or (2) "Mini DisplayPort output with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI" ports? -thanks

Needing solution ASAP
Old 04-27-2018, 09:42 PM   #212
tommiy

Ahh yes continue to live with the security risks that 10.13.4 identified that existed in 10.13.3 and now even the security patches that have come in 10.13.4 for probably the next x number of months. My security team is no happy with that solution in the enterprise. But hey, if some thing is exploited because your still on 10.13.3 then whose problem is it? Obviously your because you made the decision to stay on 10.13.3 and follow a recommendation.

Its no where near a preferred outcome to remain on 10.13.3 for many months and ignore security updates. This day and age that is simply dangerous.
tommiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:22 AM   #213
Okibi

G'day Alban,

Thanks for giving an update (more than Apple bother to do although we spend thousands on their PCs).

Happy to buy your devs a coffee if it helps them find a solution faster.
Okibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:31 PM   #214
pattie

Default Came looking for an update ...

No news in the last week? :/
pattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 12:35 AM   #215
MC Ren

Yeah, would be really nice to get an update. I travel all the time for business, so do my co-workers and we all rely heavily on having dual monitors. We are a bit annoyed on the time it's taking to address the issue.
MC Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:10 AM   #216
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Dear DisplayLink macOS users,

We are aware that installing macOS version 10.13.4 will cause DisplayLink connected displays to go blank after the OS upgrade, with the latest DisplayLink driver release 4.1 installed. Extended displays continue to work as expected in macOS 10.13.3, and we recommend that you stay on macOS 10.13.3 or earlier if you require this feature, and have not already upgraded. Functionality such as Ethernet and audio, where implemented, is unaffected.

Our team has made some solid progress towards finding a solution which would restore extended display support in a future release of macOS. We are still unable to provide a timeframe or a date for release of this solution.
Meanwhile, we have been developing a partial workaround solution which would add one extended USB display (up to 1080p) on macOS 10.13.4. We are aiming to release a preview version of this driver in around 7 to 10 days. The precise date depends on how the solution performs under deeper and wider testing, and how long it takes to resolve remaining issues. We expect the driver to enable one extended 1080p screen, and one cloned screen connected to a DisplayLink device. There may be some other functional limitations.
The new alpha driver will be posted online as soon as possible.

Until then, DisplayLink driver 4.3 Beta 2 enables clone mode, but not extended mode displays in 10.13.4.

We will update this thread as soon as we have further details to share.
Thank you for your continued patience and we appreciate your feedback and support.

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #217
slvrscoobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
[B]Meanwhile, we have been developing a partial workaround solution which would add one extended USB display (up to 1080p) on macOS 10.13.4.
Thats all I need! Please hurry!
slvrscoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:51 PM   #218
smp999

yep - all I need is one extra monitor
smp999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:58 PM   #219
paulgee31

That will do me just fine.
paulgee31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:12 PM   #220
Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
We expect the driver to enable one extended 1080p screen, and one cloned screen connected to a DisplayLink device. There may be some other functional limitations.
Thanks for the update! At least some progress, but up to 1080p? One extended screen? That doesn't sound very exciting, yet. The beauty of using a DisplayLink docking station was having two extended screens running via a single cable.

I hope the team will be able to restore full functionality soon.

The longer we wait the more likely 10.13.5 will be released and some users, like me, will only be able to update straight to .5 – skipping the .4 version entirely. Please consider that when testing new drivers.

Last edited by Poly; 05-01-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote