Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-15-2020, 02:19 AM   #1
slockemd

Default Setup problems with M1 MacBook Pro

I have a new MBP w M1 Big Sur. I have two Viotek H250 27" monitors in a side-by-side configuration as external monitors. I installed the Display Link and the driver software and my MBP display control panel does see the two ext monitors and monitor 2 is detected and has the normal resolution (1080p). Monitor 1 has the wrong resolution and the image does not fill the monitor. What I want is to have the MBP be my main screen with the ability to expand into the other screens. Any suggestions?

Steve L
slockemd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:33 PM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

Please tell me which monitor reports wrong resolution and gather logfiles that will show me a bit more about your setup. Instructions are under below link: https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

Thank you,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:49 PM   #3
StefanL

Hi,

May I ask which (additional) hardware you are using? I need to connect my M1 MacBook Pro to two Dell U2721DE monitors. I am just trying to figure out which hardware, besides the already mentioned, I need. I hope you’ll also find the support you need to fix your issue.

Thank you,

Stefan
StefanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:53 AM   #4
quackmanlives

Katarzyna can you just confirm that Displaylink works on the new macbook M1 and the most current version of Big Sur? Can you please just explicitly confirm it either works or it simply doesn't? It would be a great help for us all to stop trying to get it to work, ordering 50 different adapters from amazon and watching youtube videos from 2 weeks ago that seem to now be obsolete information wise. Just give us some truth! Please. Thank you, Duckman
quackmanlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 11:09 AM   #5
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackmanlives View Post
Katarzyna can you just confirm that Displaylink works on the new macbook M1 and the most current version of Big Sur? Can you please just explicitly confirm it either works or it simply doesn't? It would be a great help for us all to stop trying to get it to work, ordering 50 different adapters from amazon and watching youtube videos from 2 weeks ago that seem to now be obsolete information wise. Just give us some truth! Please. Thank you, Duckman
Hello,

DisplayLink Manager 1.2 release introduces support for Mac using the Apple M1 chip. So yes, we do support external monitors with M1 Macs with that version of the driver.

There is a limitation of screen rotation on Mac with Apple M1 chip not supported on macOS Big Sur 11.

Best regards,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
big sur, m1 apple chip, macintosh, monitors, setup