Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #31
alexkli

Default Twitter - no no

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkli View Post
I tried to contact displaylink support via "Ask a question" on the support page to make them aware of this issue and this thread. However, the submit only results in a blank page. So I sent them a tweet:

https://twitter.com/alexkli/status/232911450417532929
Actually that was stupid. Their twitter looks dead (last tweet from April). And there were already official replies in this thread, they just seem to be quiet for a week now. What makes me wonder is all the "0 views" on the uploaded zip files with analysis information...
alexkli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:15 AM   #32
unusedusername

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkli View Post
What makes me wonder is all the "0 views" on the uploaded zip files with analysis information...
I'm guessing that this is so easy to reproduce that they didn't need the diagnostic info.
unusedusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #33
twokansamm

I had 1.8A installed when I did the mountain lion upgrade. WHen I went to try to uninstall the application, it said it wasn't there. So I found a folder that ML created called Incompatible Software. It had DisplayLink in there and I deleted the folder and file that were in there. I was still getting the error, so I installed 1.8 the actual release from their website and rebooted, then uninstalled it thinking that would clean up anything that was left.

My question is, how would I be able to tell if there were any remnants from the 1.8A that I installed? I am not sure where all the files are installed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris
twokansamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #34
Carlo
Mac Team

The bundle in /System/Library/Extensions has already been moved by the ML installer, this removes all active software.
You may be left with files in /Library/Application Support/DisplayLink; /Applications/DisplayLink; /Library/LunchAgents/com.displaylink.something; /Library/LunchDaemons/com.displaylink.something

Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #35
jamesb480

Default Re: Kernel Panic

It is really frustrating situation , when I herad about your problem. i have also faced the same problem Kernel panic Mac error. The main reason for Kernel panic Mac error is harware failure , amlware infection. With the help od recovrey I would be able to solve my problem.

http://www.kernelpanicmac.com
jamesb480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #36
tawman

Default Latest Driver Panic after Reboot

Latest is a long list of DisplayLink driver grief with 10.8 Mountain Lion
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (4.33 MB, 1 views)
tawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #37
monxoom

Default Another one with kernel panics

my debug info is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (285.8 KB, 4 views)
monxoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #38
taylorjared

Smile Shutdown your Bluetooth - thats what worked for me

After quite a bit of research (http://blog.avatron.com/post/2813538...-and-bluetooth), I found (at least for me) that its not the Display Link drivers causing the problem. Its the bluetooth devices (ie mouse or trackpad) that aren't in range or available when the computer is awoken from sleep. I have just got in the habit of turning off my bluetooth (disconnecting the trackpad) when I undock (unplug from the externals, hubs, and DL) and go mobile. I have been doing this for days, and haven't had the kernel panic freakout upon awaking from sleep outside of the office.

I hope this helps some of you, its caused temporarily relief for me.
taylorjared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:26 AM   #39
unusedusername

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorjared View Post
After quite a bit of research (http://blog.avatron.com/post/2813538...-and-bluetooth), I found (at least for me) that its not the Display Link drivers causing the problem.
I do use a bluetooth mouse at work, but not at home. If this were the only problem then I would only have crashes when going from work to home, but I have them in both directions.

This may be a problem, but I don't think it is the only problem.
unusedusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:02 AM   #40
zcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorjared View Post
After quite a bit of research (http://blog.avatron.com/post/2813538...-and-bluetooth), I found (at least for me) that its not the Display Link drivers causing the problem. Its the bluetooth devices (ie mouse or trackpad) that aren't in range or available when the computer is awoken from sleep. I have just got in the habit of turning off my bluetooth (disconnecting the trackpad) when I undock (unplug from the externals, hubs, and DL) and go mobile. I have been doing this for days, and haven't had the kernel panic freakout upon awaking from sleep outside of the office.

I hope this helps some of you, its caused temporarily relief for me.
Might be one of many issues. I have an iMac that gives me kernel panics when it goes to sleep and then automatically restarts. Bluetooth is on and the computer doesn't get moved.

The lack of news from the Display Link folks is very frustrating and not very professional.
zcrow is offline   Reply With Quote