Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
Airys

Default DisplayLink 1.6 causes intermittent screen detection?

I have a Newertech USB to DVI device with the DisplayLink 1.6 driver installed on both a new MBP running OSX 10.6.7 and also on a MacPro running 10.5.8
The USB device is attached to a VGA connection that is split via a hardware video splitter to two monitors.

I am running into the same issue with both machines - the display is detected just fine. After that, there is an intermittent flashing of the screens that lasts anywhere from a split second to a whole minute.
It looks like the machines are detecting the displays again and again, yet in between the interruptions, the feed is as it should be.

I can plug this same setup into a newer PC laptop running Windows 7 and it will function with no interruptions to the video feed at all..

???
Airys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
joe conyers

I'm having the same issue.

Right after I rebooted it started happening.

Turns on from anywhere from two seconds to two minutes then turns off. Works fine on my windows 7 machine.

Did you find a fix? I've tried installing a bunch of different drivers....
joe conyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
jaehess

I think that I am reporting this same issue in another thread as well. Would be nice to get a fix.
jaehess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:07 AM   #4
Airys

Still not working, I'm afraid..

I'm still using the device on a Windows7 laptop, as with the problem with my OS X machines makes using the device unfeasible, unfortunately..

I noticed the new drivers with Lion support, and I'll give that a try as there is nothing to lose.
Airys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #5
joe conyers

I think I sovled my issue, I upgraded to the latest version of Air Display the IPad display software (1.4). I've downgraded and haven't had the problem since.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #6
joe conyers

Woke up this morning and it stopped working once again. Maybe something to do with sleep?(I have my computer set to automatically wake up in the morning)

I'm on a macbook air using a Kensington sd300v. Tried every single driver including Kensington's.

Only things that have changed since it stopped working(when the problem first started) that I can think of are a few mac updates including some iphoto and itunes....