Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
Acckkk

Default Garbled screen on 10.7.2 with late 2008 MBP - Screen Shot and Debug info Included

Hey all, I've tried all the 1.7 betas with all the same results... the display link screen is never rendered properly. I've tried changing the "high performance" video setting in the control panel and every other thing I've read on this forum and in the release notes to no avail. I also have a nasty bug that won't allow me to drag and drop icons on my desktop; dragging windows is unaffected.

I've attached a photo of the screen as well as the debug information for 1.7 beta 5.

Specific stats for my machine are here: http://www.everymac.com/systems/appl...ody-specs.html

I sincerely appreciate your time and attention to these fixes. I used this adapter flawlessly on Windows 7, and am totally disappointed that I lost a monitor simply for switching to a mac.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0102.jpg (19.6 KB, 8 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (371.3 KB, 3 views)
Acckkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
ChristianP

Thanks for your report and the debug logs.
For the garbled screen issue, we are analysing your logs. I let you know the results. The suspect is another Lion issue regarding your specific Mac model.
As for the dragging issue, unfortunately this is a known Apple bug for your specific model. The 1.7b5 driver has a workaround for this, but to enable it you must change your security settings (change required password ->immediately to at least 5 secs) and restart your mac. Have you already tried this?
ChristianP is offline   Reply With Quote